mubin

Distinguished
Hi, I bought a Thermaltake TR2 RX 450W psu with HD6770 gfx 5 days ago. First time, when i connect everything, my pc works fine. After 35-40 min i shutdown my pc and open 1 hour later with extra HDD. But my pc won't power on. I tried several time but no work. Just light up the LED and gone instantly. Cooler fan spin and off. I use paperclip to check my psu but no work.

I used another psu and my pc power on. So there is no problem in my system or mobo. But the shocking is, my psu works fine in the store where i bought it. No problem found. But in my home, psu don't work again after i returned.

So i took it back to psu dealer and they said it might be my home power problem cause they found no problem as well. They said PSU don't get enough ampere. So i unplug refrigerator and plug my pc there but same problem exist. Even i took a single power line from my main circuit-breaker, which is 32amp, and connect my psu and it didn't work.

My home power connection is 220v. My psu's range is 115~230v and 6A/3A. My psu is not fried, i checked.

So what could be the possible problem? Will i replace it with new one? Will this solve? I need help ASAP.

NOTE: I also checked in my friends house and the same problem exist.

mubin

Distinguished
They have commercial power line may be. The store is in a big market. But the sad thing is i can't get quality brand like Antec, Corsair and seasonic. Local dealer only provide Thermaltake and Gigabyte and some high range XFX, like 750W which is out of my budget.

Gigabyte provide 550W in same price of RX450W. I don't think it is better than Thermaltake. If i replace a new psu, will it help solve my problem? I am going to market tomorrow, so any suggestion will be helpful.

Even if that PSU was working, my recommendation would be to change it. It is atmost a generic unit. Can't you purchase a PSU online? As for the PSU working at the store, try and carry your rig to the store and ask them to connect it there and check.

mubin

Distinguished

I took my rig with psu in the store and dealers service center. Everything is ok. But bont work in my home. Thats the problem.

I cant purchase anything online. Online service is not available in my region. Only i can get what dealers imports. So i have limited choice.

gigabyte gt?
thermaltake toughpower

may be gigabyte odin gt 550w. And thermaltake toughpowe series is available. Mine is Thermaltake TR2 RX 450W.

XFX units are generally very good. Same goes with the pro 450. Here's a review -

www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/xfx-pro-series-450w-and-550w-power-supply-review/

Am currently more interested in how that TT unit worked at the store and not at your home. Do reply back after you get that XFX PSU and your system is working all fine.

mubin

Distinguished

I replace with a new psu but the same TT model. They refuse to give me a XFX psu cause they found no problem with the psu i purchase first. My new psu works fine now. But dont know what the problem with the first one. They said they will not give me another psu if i show the same problem again.