Ever met a Simmer IRL?

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The Sims,
I mean:

Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?

I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which we
talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.

Just had to share!

--
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
27 answers Last reply
More about ever simmer
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    >Sims, I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    > we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply
    Lucky you are....i don't know a soul who plays that game so i could talk
    about my Sims.Sometimes i do talk about it but they don't seem to care or be
    interested.If i tell them you can teach your chilren to walk and talk like
    in real life the answer is always yeah,yeah sure great( like get a life
    sis).Nobody seems to know that game even exist.

    Anyway,that's why every morning i read all the posts.I guess somebody here
    cares about my Sims.I know i do....
    Have a nice day,
    Claire

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    SeaShel wrote:
    > I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays
    > The Sims, I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then
    > jolted by the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with
    > actual people?
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks
    > like your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are
    > moving in dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey,
    > great game, huh?" We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club
    > kind of chat, in which we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat
    > objects, everything! I talked about things I've never spoken out
    > loud, because I only read them here or somewhere else online. It was
    > SO surreal.
    > Just had to share!

    I wish! I think most people just don't talk about it. We probably have
    passed them by, but I guess the chance is very low that I started a
    conversation where it leads to my Sims experience. It'll be very cool
    though. :-D

    Ashikaga
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    I have many Simmer Friends. My son and daughter are both Simmers. The
    funny thing is that my son met his current girlfriend on The Sims Online.
    He is now living with her in Canada. They sent me their new Sims2 house
    with charaters of them both. My daughter and her husband both play Sims2.
    We used to all meet on Sims Online. Now we chat realtime on MSN instant
    messenger while we are playing Sims2. I have several friends that are
    Simmers. Most of which I met on Sims Online. I may have to go back and
    meet some more. LOL.........Happy Simming Everyone! Too bad about those
    who don't know. :(

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    >Sims, I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    > we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:26:30 -0800, "Ashikaga"
    <citizenlouie@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >SeaShel wrote:
    >> I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays
    >> The Sims, I mean:
    >>
    >> Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    >> stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then
    >> jolted by the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with
    >> actual people?
    >> I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    >> nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks
    >> like your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are
    >> moving in dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey,
    >> great game, huh?" We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club
    >> kind of chat, in which we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat
    >> objects, everything! I talked about things I've never spoken out
    >> loud, because I only read them here or somewhere else online. It was
    >> SO surreal.
    >> Just had to share!
    >
    >I wish! I think most people just don't talk about it. We probably have
    >passed them by, but I guess the chance is very low that I started a
    >conversation where it leads to my Sims experience. It'll be very cool
    >though. :-D

    I remember someone posting here a few years ago that he/she knew that
    the guy in the next apartment had the game because the poster could
    hear the Buy/Build mode music through the wall.

    I have an acquaintance who I found out got Sims 2 so he could use it
    to make music videos for the band he and some of my other friends
    formed online--they write and record music either with real
    instruments or electronically and send it back and forth online and
    make MP3s of it. He just made a video for a "single" from their
    latest album, using Sims 2. It even shows the band name, name of the
    song, name of the album at the end, like on MTV.

    BW
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > "Ashikaga" wrote:
    <snip>
    >> I wish! I think most people just don't talk about it. We probably
    >> have passed them by, but I guess the chance is very low that I
    >> started a conversation where it leads to my Sims experience. It'll
    >> be very cool though. :-D
    >
    > I remember someone posting here a few years ago that he/she knew that
    > the guy in the next apartment had the game because the poster could
    > hear the Buy/Build mode music through the wall.

    I think a bunch of red hearts could bloom out of such strange meeting.
    Well..., need to get a hot tub first.

    > I have an acquaintance who I found out got Sims 2 so he could use it
    > to make music videos for the band he and some of my other friends
    > formed online--they write and record music either with real
    > instruments or electronically and send it back and forth online and
    > make MP3s of it. He just made a video for a "single" from their
    > latest album, using Sims 2. It even shows the band name, name of the
    > song, name of the album at the end, like on MTV.

    LOL! That's so cool. Is it on the web for download?

    Ashikaga
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    that would be so cool.. i'd love to get together with some other players and
    talk!

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    Sims,
    > I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    we
    > talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Anyone here from the Birmingham Alabama area?

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    Sims,
    > I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    we
    > talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    I met a girl at my old job that played the game. I introduced her to the
    LIU site too, lol.

    Of course, I know noname too, but I knew her before the sims, I think. We
    met in a newsgroup having to do with something non-simmish.

    We have a lot of gaming people at work, but most of them are the
    first-person shooter type game people.
    For some reason, when I mention the sims, they automatically think Sims
    Online............this happens with people I know online too :(

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    Sims,
    > I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    we
    > talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    LOL - I hear you :))

    I have not met a total stranger who is into the game as much as I am, but I
    managed to convince a coworker to give it a try and now she loves it too.
    the other day when we had our lunchbreak she would wave her hand to smell
    the food just like a sim would and I just looked at her and said "you know
    what you just did, dont you?" and we both started laughing (people were
    looking at us as if we were crazy) ... we also great each other "sul, sul"

    .... I know thats pathetic, but I love it *g*

    : )=)

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    >Sims, I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    > we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    .... now I imagine a convention for simers (just like these events for fans
    of star trek) where everybody would walk around with a battery powered
    rotating plumbob over his head (and you would be able to change its color to
    indicate your mood)

    : D

    "chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > LOL - I hear you :))
    >
    > I have not met a total stranger who is into the game as much as I am, but
    > I managed to convince a coworker to give it a try and now she loves it
    > too. the other day when we had our lunchbreak she would wave her hand to
    > smell the food just like a sim would and I just looked at her and said
    > "you know what you just did, dont you?" and we both started laughing
    > (people were looking at us as if we were crazy) ... we also great each
    > other "sul, sul"
    >
    > ... I know thats pathetic, but I love it *g*
    >
    > : )=)
    >
    > "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    >>Sims, I mean:
    >>
    >> Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    >> stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted
    >> by the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >>
    >> I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    >> nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    >> your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    >> dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    >> We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    >> we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I
    >> talked about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them
    >> here or somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >>
    >> Just had to share!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michelle
    >> (SeaShel)
    >>
    >> free the fish to reply

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    chubchub wrote:
    > ... now I imagine a convention for simers (just like these events for
    > fans of star trek) where everybody would walk around with a battery
    > powered rotating plumbob over his head (and you would be able to
    > change its color to indicate your mood)

    LOL! I would wear it!

    Ashikaga
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message

    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?

    I never have met a simmer in real life. I do know at least one on IRC but
    that is as close I have been to a real life sim conversation. It would be
    great to talk to someone who knew what it is to think like a sim though.

    Gareeth
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:50:16 -0800, "Ashikaga"
    <citizenlouie@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >> "Ashikaga" wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>> I wish! I think most people just don't talk about it. We probably
    >>> have passed them by, but I guess the chance is very low that I
    >>> started a conversation where it leads to my Sims experience. It'll
    >>> be very cool though. :-D
    >>
    >> I remember someone posting here a few years ago that he/she knew that
    >> the guy in the next apartment had the game because the poster could
    >> hear the Buy/Build mode music through the wall.
    >
    >I think a bunch of red hearts could bloom out of such strange meeting.
    >Well..., need to get a hot tub first.

    I think the guy next door already had a boyfriend who lived with him.

    >> I have an acquaintance who I found out got Sims 2 so he could use it
    >> to make music videos for the band he and some of my other friends
    >> formed online--they write and record music either with real
    >> instruments or electronically and send it back and forth online and
    >> make MP3s of it. He just made a video for a "single" from their
    >> latest album, using Sims 2. It even shows the band name, name of the
    >> song, name of the album at the end, like on MTV.
    >
    >LOL! That's so cool. Is it on the web for download?

    Yes, in two versions, one humongo file and one smaller one, which is
    much lower resolution, so a bit blurry and choppy:

    http://www.interrobangcartel.com/vid/caldal_sims.avi <-- 39 MB (DivX)
    http://www.interrobangcartel.com/vid/caldal_sims.wmv <-- 3.4 MB (WMV)

    I downloaded the smaller one this morning (I don't have broadband).
    I'm not that crazy about the song, but I got a kick out of some of the
    stuff, like the guys jumping on the couch--reminded me of the Monkees.

    BW
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    >Sims, I mean:
    >
    > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >
    > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    > we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    >
    > Just had to share!
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

    That's a very cool experience!

    I have introduced friends to the Sims, many of them later said I was evil
    for getting them hooked to something so addictive, but never met another fan
    by chance. I think it'd be very cool to meet someone randomly who also
    enjoyed the Sims.

    Someone mentioned a Sims convention.. that'd be awesome, can't wait!! LOL :D

    shell
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > "Ashikaga" wrote:
    >> barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    <snip>
    >>> I remember someone posting here a few years ago that he/she knew
    >>> that the guy in the next apartment had the game because the poster
    >>> could hear the Buy/Build mode music through the wall.
    >>
    >> I think a bunch of red hearts could bloom out of such strange
    >> meeting. Well..., need to get a hot tub first.
    >
    > I think the guy next door already had a boyfriend who lived with him.

    Well, maybe s/he should check the neighbor across the hall. Doesn't
    hurt....

    >>> I have an acquaintance who I found out got Sims 2 so he could use it
    >>> to make music videos for the band he and some of my other friends
    >>> formed online--they write and record music either with real
    >>> instruments or electronically and send it back and forth online and
    >>> make MP3s of it. He just made a video for a "single" from their
    >>> latest album, using Sims 2. It even shows the band name, name of
    >>> the song, name of the album at the end, like on MTV.
    >>
    >> LOL! That's so cool. Is it on the web for download?
    >
    > Yes, in two versions, one humongo file and one smaller one, which is
    > much lower resolution, so a bit blurry and choppy:
    >
    > http://www.interrobangcartel.com/vid/caldal_sims.avi <-- 39 MB (DivX)
    > http://www.interrobangcartel.com/vid/caldal_sims.wmv <-- 3.4 MB (WMV)
    >
    > I downloaded the smaller one this morning (I don't have broadband).
    > I'm not that crazy about the song, but I got a kick out of some of the
    > stuff, like the guys jumping on the couch--reminded me of the Monkees.

    I have the broadband, but I don't like to download extra codec. Anyways, I
    am not too crazy about the song either. Actually I love that jumping on the
    chair thingy. I sometimes do that on my own couch..., the sims' couch, of
    course. I am not too sure our Monkee would do that. :-D

    Ashikaga
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Gareeth wrote:
    > "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    >>stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    >>the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >>

    > I never have met a simmer in real life. I do know at least one on IRC but
    > that is as close I have been to a real life sim conversation. It would be
    > great to talk to someone who knew what it is to think like a sim though.
    >
    > Gareeth

    Has anyone checked out meetup.com? There are 96 sims meetup groups.
    http://thesims.meetup.com/

    --
    Donna
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Hi,

    I've been playing sims (1-2) for a while and sometimes post here, but
    not often, I get sometimes intimidated by this group collective
    experience with the Sims and by newsgroups in general. (I know -
    that's silly) - So I guess this will do as "formal" intro...

    I was able to convince 2 of my coworkers to play Sims 2, and one of
    them keep repeating to me: "I'm not addicted. I can stop whenever I
    want", so I say: "So you're NOT playing tonight, right?", she says:
    "Well, I just need to test that cheat you taught me..." - then I felt
    like a pusher, I got 2 of them addicted...

    We simmers are going to rule the world one day, just wait...

    And all my friends know I sim, the other day I was telling one of them
    that so and so got caught cheating - my other friend stopped - did a
    second take and said: sims! So I guess I'm pretty well adjusted
    out-the-closet-simmer, all my true friends accept me and do the best
    they can to fake interest when I'm going overboard...

    Have a great day you guys! I'm sure I'll be posting more often now!
    this thread did it for me.
    Brasa

    "shell" <michelle@no-spam.developerz.us> wrote in message news:<2vvs27F2pdd4eU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > >I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays The
    > >Sims, I mean:
    > >
    > > Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    > > stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    > > the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    > >
    > > I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there and was
    > > nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks like
    > > your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are moving in
    > > dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey, great game, huh?"
    > > We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club kind of chat, in which
    > > we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat objects, everything! I talked
    > > about things I've never spoken out loud, because I only read them here or
    > > somewhere else online. It was SO surreal.
    > >
    > > Just had to share!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michelle
    > > (SeaShel)
    > >
    > > free the fish to reply
    > >

    > That's a very cool experience!
    >
    > I have introduced friends to the Sims, many of them later said I was evil
    > for getting them hooked to something so addictive, but never met another fan
    > by chance. I think it'd be very cool to meet someone randomly who also
    > enjoyed the Sims.
    >
    > Someone mentioned a Sims convention.. that'd be awesome, can't wait!! LOL :D
    >
    > shell
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    brasinhab wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been playing sims (1-2) for a while and sometimes post here, but
    > not often, I get sometimes intimidated by this group collective
    > experience with the Sims and by newsgroups in general. (I know -
    > that's silly) - So I guess this will do as "formal" intro...
    >
    > I was able to convince 2 of my coworkers to play Sims 2, and one of
    > them keep repeating to me: "I'm not addicted. I can stop whenever I
    > want", so I say: "So you're NOT playing tonight, right?", she says:
    > "Well, I just need to test that cheat you taught me..." - then I felt
    > like a pusher, I got 2 of them addicted...
    >
    > We simmers are going to rule the world one day, just wait...
    >
    > And all my friends know I sim, the other day I was telling one of them
    > that so and so got caught cheating - my other friend stopped - did a
    > second take and said: sims! So I guess I'm pretty well adjusted
    > out-the-closet-simmer, all my true friends accept me and do the best
    > they can to fake interest when I'm going overboard...
    >
    > Have a great day you guys! I'm sure I'll be posting more often now!
    > this thread did it for me.

    Post often! :-) I think I'll do something you did sometimes.... I am
    still a quite closeted simmer. Only if I were as brave as you. (*sighs*)

    Ashikaga
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    shell wrote:
    > "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >> I don't mean if you already know someone (even casually) who plays
    >> The Sims, I mean:
    >>
    >> Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    >> stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then
    >> jolted by the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with
    >> actual people? I met such a person today at Sam's Club - he worked there
    >> and was
    >> nonchalantly playing TS2 on a $2K computer (one that actually looks
    >> like your Sims are animated, not like my machine where Simmies are
    >> moving in dream-like time LOL) - and I said something like, "Hey,
    >> great game, huh?" We end up having this quite unusual-for-Sam's-Club
    >> kind of chat, in which we talk websites and gameplay, Sims 1 cheat
    >> objects, everything! I talked about things I've never spoken out
    >> loud, because I only read them here or somewhere else online. It
    >> was SO surreal. Just had to share!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michelle
    >> (SeaShel)
    >>
    >> free the fish to reply
    >>

    > That's a very cool experience!
    >
    > I have introduced friends to the Sims, many of them later said I was
    > evil for getting them hooked to something so addictive, but never met
    > another fan by chance. I think it'd be very cool to meet someone
    > randomly who also enjoyed the Sims.
    >
    > Someone mentioned a Sims convention.. that'd be awesome, can't wait!!
    > LOL :D
    > shell

    Isn't it funny how few of us have ever met another Simmer when it's been in
    the Top Ten for all the years it's been out?

    Some of us aren't getting out enough! LOL

    Or else we need to all get some identifying piece of clothing or accessory
    so others can spot us - us there a green plumbob pin out there somehwere?
    :)

    --
    Michelle
    (SeaShel)

    free the fish to reply
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Actually met one at Game Stop, while I was buying the Prima Guide. We went
    on for 30 minutes about the Sims. She had TS1 and all expansions, we talked
    about that. TS2 just came out, we talked about that, how we loved the 3D.
    Her boyfriend and my wife were getting antsy, so we promised to meet here,
    but she never showed (?????). Game Stop---Dallas? Tall leggy blonde---anyone
    seen her?

    "Ashikaga" <citizenlouie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    >> "Ashikaga" wrote:
    > <snip>
    >>> I wish! I think most people just don't talk about it. We probably
    >>> have passed them by, but I guess the chance is very low that I
    >>> started a conversation where it leads to my Sims experience. It'll
    >>> be very cool though. :-D
    >>
    >> I remember someone posting here a few years ago that he/she knew that
    >> the guy in the next apartment had the game because the poster could
    >> hear the Buy/Build mode music through the wall.
    >
    > I think a bunch of red hearts could bloom out of such strange meeting.
    > Well..., need to get a hot tub first.
    >
    >> I have an acquaintance who I found out got Sims 2 so he could use it
    >> to make music videos for the band he and some of my other friends
    >> formed online--they write and record music either with real
    >> instruments or electronically and send it back and forth online and
    >> make MP3s of it. He just made a video for a "single" from their
    >> latest album, using Sims 2. It even shows the band name, name of the
    >> song, name of the album at the end, like on MTV.
    >
    > LOL! That's so cool. Is it on the web for download?
    >
    > Ashikaga

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:17:16 -0900, "SeaShel"
    <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote:

    >Isn't it funny how few of us have ever met another Simmer when it's been in
    >the Top Ten for all the years it's been out?
    >
    >Some of us aren't getting out enough! LOL
    >
    >Or else we need to all get some identifying piece of clothing or accessory
    >so others can spot us - us there a green plumbob pin out there somehwere?
    >:)

    That pin thing would be cool!

    I'll bet most of us know another Simmer, at least casually--but don't
    know we do. Someone at church, the parent of a friend, or someone at
    work, but they don't talk about it. I know I don't talk about it
    except to people I know pretty well, and not all of them. A lot of
    people seem to think computer games are for kids, and the hard-core
    gamers tend to think The Sims is boring and girly. (I think
    first-person shooters seem boring--but to each his/her own.)

    BW
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:17:16 -0900, SeaShel <seashel@boxofwsfish.com>
    wrote:

    > Isn't it funny how few of us have ever met another Simmer when it's been
    > in the Top Ten for all the years it's been out?
    >
    > Some of us aren't getting out enough! LOL
    >
    > Or else we need to all get some identifying piece of clothing or
    > accessory
    > so others can spot us - us there a green plumbob pin out there somehwere?
    > :)

    The shop where I sold it had buttons, but they were kinda dubious, like
    "Monogamy? No thanks!" and I kinda support the idea of monogamy
    (especially as opposed to no gamy at all) so I didn't take one. But they
    were free.

    good sign." -G
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    > I have an acquaintance who I found out got Sims 2 so he could use it
    > to make music videos for the band he and some of my other friends
    > formed online--they write and record music either with real
    > instruments or electronically and send it back and forth online and
    > make MP3s of it. He just made a video for a "single" from their
    > latest album, using Sims 2. It even shows the band name, name of the
    > song, name of the album at the end, like on MTV.

    Incidentally, does anyone know a site that has a tutorial for making your
    own movies for the ingame televisions?

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    > I'll bet most of us know another Simmer, at least casually--but don't
    > know we do. Someone at church, the parent of a friend, or someone at
    > work, but they don't talk about it. I know I don't talk about it
    > except to people I know pretty well, and not all of them. A lot of
    > people seem to think computer games are for kids, and the hard-core
    > gamers tend to think The Sims is boring and girly. (I think
    > first-person shooters seem boring--but to each his/her own.)

    I don't know any other hardcore simmer, I just know people who casually play
    or in the case of my best friend, someone who only plays at my house (she
    has a Mac and hasn't got the game yet)
    I'm not ashamed of saying I like the Sims, because I am a girl lol
    I love dollhouses, decorating and dressing my virtual dolls
    gimme!
    hehe
    On the other hand....I love first person shooting games, but I get too
    theatrical so my boyfriend has begged me to stop
    so now I just play Thief or Hitman which doesn't really rely on killing
    pixels.
    I mean...not directly anyways and not neccesarily with a gun..

    - D
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    Gareeth wrote:
    > "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    >>stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted by
    >>the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >>

    > I never have met a simmer in real life.

    I have. I grow my own. :) I've been giving the game as gifts.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    My friends caught the bug from me and all went and bought a copy! Well... a
    few of them did at any rate...lol. One of my friends husbands hijacked
    hers and she hasn't been able to get near it since - he's HOOKED!!

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    > Gareeth wrote:
    >> "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Are you the only Sims player you know, and have you ever met a *total
    >>>stranger* one day who's into it as much as you are and were then jolted
    >>>by the bizarre juxtaposition of online conversations with actual people?
    >>>

    >> I never have met a simmer in real life.
    >
    > I have. I grow my own. :) I've been giving the game as gifts.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    I also definetly grow my own
    I was at a 21st birthday bash the other day, it was my best friend's Been's
    birthday and her childhood friend Sally..
    well I knew she liked the Sims 1 because I lent her my copy of Hot Date when
    her little brother broke hers
    and since I hadn't seen her for ages, we talked for about an hour about the
    Sims 1 and the Sims 2
    it was fun

    - D

    "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > My friends caught the bug from me and all went and bought a copy! Well...
    > few of them did at any rate...lol. One of my friends husbands hijacked
    > hers and she hasn't been able to get near it since - he's HOOKED!!
    >
    > ~ jo
    >
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    > "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    > > Gareeth wrote:
    > >> "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message

    > >> I never have met a simmer in real life.
    > >
    > > I have. I grow my own. :) I've been giving the game as gifts.

Sims Games Video Games