jeffinak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
ok, so I've just recently began to take a closer look at my RAM and CPU speeds and have found a slight discepency with my memory. The memory I purchased when I built my comp was this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161183

which has a 5-5-5-15 timing, while looking at the memory with cpuez it show 6.0-6-6-18 I've read that this can be fixed in the bIOS but have no idea how to do so, any help would be appreciated

Solution
I think that ur BIOS mono is something like this right?

Enter to the BIOS and look for the option "Memory Timming and voltage", as in the pict, u have 3 options. look for the option that show to u something like this and change the same thing that u see in the imagen BUT with the specs of ur rig.

Finally reboot the rig and test the stability with memtes86+ and primer95.

tecmo34

Administrator
Review your motherboard manual. It talks about how to set your RAM timings in the BIOS section. If you can list your motherboard make and model, we might be able to help pinpoint the page numbers you need to review on how to do this.

jeffinak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
the board is an Asus m4A78 plus

I'malso having a bit of trouble figuring out how to enable the turbo key utility and there doesnt seem top be anything in the manual othe than saying it is supported

I think that ur BIOS mono is something like this right?

Enter to the BIOS and look for the option "Memory Timming and voltage", as in the pict, u have 3 options. look for the option that show to u something like this and change the same thing that u see in the imagen BUT with the specs of ur rig.

Finally reboot the rig and test the stability with memtes86+ and primer95.

Solution

jeffinak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I think I figured out the timing, I set the clock to 400 and made the other changes DRAM timing mode CPUID shows it as 5-5-5-15-20 now, I still cant find anything about the turbo key utility though