Looking for guidance as 1st time OCer!

erwinna

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Greetings Earthlings!

I recently build my first computer and am really excited about the whole experience. I am now interested in overclocking and I am seeking words of advice, helpfull colums/write-ups, food for thought, etc. from those who are experienced OCers. I want to avoid any noob mistakes where possible, especially ones that may compromise my system in any way.

Here is my build:
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, i5 2500K, Asus GTX 680 (yet to arrive in the mail), Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 1600mhz, Antec HCP 750Watt PSU, OCZ Agility 60gb SSD, WD Black Caviar 1TB HDD, Antec Kuhler H20 920.

I am very new to this and the most I have braved doing is OCing through the Auto OCing from Turbo Boost that the Asus mobo offers (OCed @ 4.2 currently). I am still unschooled in voltages, OCing RAM, etc.

*as a note, with my current OC my CPU is usually sitting at about 31 degrees celsius and my system at 32 degrees celsius. My understanging is that this is a very good temperature to be at. Also, I am using this system for gaming primarily.

**also I have read the beginners guides posted in these forums, just want some general feedback from people specific to my build, etc.