Solved

Case or Motherboard Fan Control?

Quick question for the pro builders.

I am setting up my build when IB comes out and am wondering what to do on the case fans.

The case i'm using is a Phantom 410 Mid-Tower and the Motherboard is a Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

From what I gather I can connect the case fans to the motherboard and have the motherboard control the fan speeds, or I can use the controller in the case... link them to that and manually move the case fan speed... thing on 3 settings, low-mid-high.

I would think that it would be better to set the fans to the motherboard?

Or am I missing anything?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about case motherboard control
  1. Best answer
    Yes it's better to connect fans to the motherboard to reduce noise while not gaming. Asus motherboard also allow you to create a fan speed curve, meaning you can set the temperature at which the fans will kick in along with rpm.
  2. licktheenvelope said:
    Quick question for the pro builders.

I am setting up my build when IB comes out and am wondering what to do on the case fans.

The case i'm using is a Phantom 410 Mid-Tower and the Motherboard is a Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

From what I gather I can connect the case fans to the motherboard and have the motherboard control the fan speeds, or I can use the controller in the case... link them to that and manually move the case fan speed... thing on 3 settings, low-mid-high.

I would think that it would be better to set the fans to the motherboard?

Or am I missing anything?

Thanks!

I would rather trust my MBOD. I would connect my fans directly to it.
  3. Thanks guys that's what I was thinking.

Cheers.
  4. Best answer selected by LickTheEnvelope.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Motherboards Fan Controller Overclocking