• Heatsinks
  • Cases
  • Motherboards
  • Fan Controller
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
April 16, 2012 11:38:23 PM

Quick question for the pro builders.

I am setting up my build when IB comes out and am wondering what to do on the case fans.

The case i'm using is a Phantom 410 Mid-Tower and the Motherboard is a Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

From what I gather I can connect the case fans to the motherboard and have the motherboard control the fan speeds, or I can use the controller in the case... link them to that and manually move the case fan speed... thing on 3 settings, low-mid-high.

I would think that it would be better to set the fans to the motherboard?

Or am I missing anything?

Thanks!

More about : case motherboard fan control

Best solution

April 17, 2012 1:27:49 AM

Yes it's better to connect fans to the motherboard to reduce noise while not gaming. Asus motherboard also allow you to create a fan speed curve, meaning you can set the temperature at which the fans will kick in along with rpm.
April 17, 2012 2:06:41 AM

licktheenvelope said:
Quick question for the pro builders.

I am setting up my build when IB comes out and am wondering what to do on the case fans.

The case i'm using is a Phantom 410 Mid-Tower and the Motherboard is a Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

From what I gather I can connect the case fans to the motherboard and have the motherboard control the fan speeds, or I can use the controller in the case... link them to that and manually move the case fan speed... thing on 3 settings, low-mid-high.

I would think that it would be better to set the fans to the motherboard?

Or am I missing anything?

Thanks!

I would rather trust my MBOD. I would connect my fans directly to it.
m
l
Related resources
April 17, 2012 4:36:34 AM

Thanks guys that's what I was thinking.

Cheers.
m
l
April 17, 2012 4:36:46 AM

Best answer selected by LickTheEnvelope.
m
l