Sign in with
Your question

Would a Corsair HX 620 do good with my computer?

Last response: in Components
February 2, 2010 11:34:57 AM

CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Memory: Corsair 4gb (2x2) 800 mhz
Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P
1 DVD drive
1 HDD - WD 320 gb
GFX: Diamond Radeon 4870
PSU : 500W Raidmax ATX12V Power

So basically, I had problems with my system crashing before since I had Raidmax as my psu. I recently saw this Corsair HX620 and I was wondering if this would make my computer running.

My problem before was while using my computer, my monitor shuts off all of a sudden and my video card makes a loud noise (i guess its the fan). People told me that I had problems with my psu and I have to change it asap.

Their explanation was my raidmax had 22a on the 12v rail. Which only gives about 264W of power. Since I'm using a quad and a radeon 4870, they told me that the power the psu was producing was insufficient.

So if I purchase this Corsair 620...
Would solve the crashing problems?
Here's a review of the PSU : http://www.corsair.com/products/hx/default.aspx
a b ) Power supply
February 2, 2010 11:47:42 AM

If the crashing is being caused by a lack of power then the HX620 will cure what ails ya, check my config to see what I run.
m
l
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 2, 2010 12:26:34 PM

Excellent choice! Both the Corsair HX620 and the newer HX650 are more than sufficient for your system. In fact either one could power a system with two 4870 video cards.

ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

500 watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended

600 watt or greater power supply with four 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

Corsair is one of the brands that has a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty.
m
l
February 2, 2010 2:44:35 PM

thanks for the quick and great feedback!
m
l
!