Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking questions and concerns.

Last response: in Overclocking
April 17, 2012 1:37:11 PM

I am looking to get the new i5 3750K when around the end or mid summer and wanted to know if I could overclock it on my mobo (Gigabyte Z68AP-D3). I also wanted to know if I should invest in something like a h80 or air cooling. And lastly if I could overclock with all four ram slots full. Thanks.
a b K Overclocking
April 17, 2012 2:54:41 PM

teddiousbear said:
I am looking to get the new i5 3750K when around the end or mid summer and wanted to know if I could overclock it on my mobo (Gigabyte Z68AP-D3). I also wanted to know if I should invest in something like a h80 or air cooling. And lastly if I could overclock with all four ram slots full. Thanks.

I.strongly suggest waiting a while and asking again later because as it stands now the new ivy bridge cpus are horrible overclockers so you might loose performance if you upgrade.from a sandy bridge. Horrible as in 4.8ghz at 100*c on liquid cooling.
m
l
April 17, 2012 8:06:41 PM

That was my intent, until my i3 2120 stops performing as good or if I can't run new games at at least medium setting then I will either upgrade my 6870 or get a new CPU depending on which will be increase performance at the time.
m
l
a c 197 K Overclocking
April 18, 2012 12:49:37 PM

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. :) 

But, as cb said, you should probably wait a while.
m
l
!