Hard Drive: 500 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX OC MAXCORE 55 896MB GDDR3
Monitor: Sony 35" 1080p
Sound Card: Creative FX
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech 5.1
Keyboard: Cyborg
Mouse: Logitech USB Wheel Mouse
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Motherboard: Asus P5N73-am
Computer Case: Antec
Power: 750 watts

what parts are holding me back as of now?

am thinking of get this soon http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202 will this help?
i just got the Video card

thinks for the help
10 answers Last reply
More about want
  1. What do you do with your computer? What do you want the upgrade to allow you to do?

It looks like a decent rig to me. You could overclock the CPU to get a higher clock speed.

To use the i7, you'd have to replace the motherboard and RAM.
  2. Well i mosty game what i want is to not lag as much and be set to go for the next gen of PC games. I i think it my CPU mybe hold be back but i do not know as much as yall here.
  3. I would try overclocking the cpu to see what kind of a difference you get. If the cpu is holding you back then overclocking should help you determine that. If it is the cpu then the upgrade to play next gen game will most likely include more than a cpu.
  4. Yes Pro liama i was think that too. but get a better card i will be look at the prices in the $400-500+ group, and i do not know if i want to go that high. i love PC gameing but mybe it time for me to go back to video game consoles.

ok so if i get a better card will that help? i been told by more then just here that my CPU is good, and as of now i can not use more then one video card. I will need a new motherboard to do that.
  5. For gaming, clockspeed is important. Overclock you processor to get the most from it. Since DirectX 11 just came out, your video card isn’t great for “next gen” games. DirectX 11 cards can be had for $200, but I’d recommend keeping what you have for a while. What games can’t you play?
  6. well it would be good at facebook, msn and pron... thats for sure

the weekest components are your processor - youll need a 9550 and go for windows 7.. Vista is holding you back too.

that chip will not fit ( the one from newegg ) in you motherboard.

The video card will be fine until nvidia brings out its new ones in a couple of months and see what goes from there against ati.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115041
  7. I don't know what res you run games at, but the low clock speed on your processor probably holds you back in some games.
  8. nazgul1983 said:
    Yes, i like more out of my PC right now my Rig is:

Manufacturer: Me
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 500 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX OC MAXCORE 55 896MB GDDR3
    Monitor: Sony 35" 1080p
    Sound Card: Creative FX
    Speakers/Headphones: Logitech 5.1
    Keyboard: Cyborg
    Mouse: Logitech USB Wheel Mouse
    Mouse Surface:
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Motherboard: Asus P5N73-am
    Computer Case: Antec
    Power: 750 watts

what parts are holding me back as of now?

am thinking of get this soon http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202 will this help?
    i just got the Video card

thinks for the help

-Is your Operating System 32bit or 64bit?
    -you can't upgrade to an i7 920 without buying a new motherboard and memory :)
    -Also which games do you play and what kind of improvement do you expect?...
  9. well am runing 64bit

and i play mosy MMOs, and when i am in high activity zones i lag, so that leads me to think it my CPU.

what game i want to play the most is the new Final Fantasy XIV(MMO) but as of now i can find no System specs for it. so i think i will wait til it comes out, and see from there how thing are.

thinks you for all your help
  10. From personal experience with an MSI 720GX laptop wich comes with the overclock feature from 2,26 Ghz to 2,6 Ghz, I get in WOW in high activity zones a raise from 42 fps to 75 fps ... this might be your case!
    I think a slight oveclock to ... let's say ... 2.8 Ghz (7*400Mhz) shoud just about do it.

NOTE : to be on the safe side buy a dedicated cooler, I'm assuming that you got stock cooling
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product