Question regarding 2 hard drives

Blanchflower

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
OK, I hope someone can help me here. 2 years ago, I bought a laptop for the first time which contains 2 x 320GB hard drives. They are called Drive C and Drive D. The OS which is installed is Windows 7 64-bit, which is in Drive C.

I do not know how to use 2 hard drives so all my files are in Drive C. But over time, Drive C is filling up and soon I will not have enough space in Drive C.

Now the question is, how do I go about using Drive D, which is presently empty? All my Steam and other games are in Drive C and I would like to transfer some games to Drive D. What should I do? Should I first also install the Steam application in Drive D?

This is my first time I am having 2 drives and I have got no clue on how to optimize the disk space.

Any help from an expert to a newbie in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
moving steam is harder to do. All the games have to be in steam folder which means on the same disk unless you do some tricky stuff to fool it into thinking so. If you want to move them all at once then you can just copy and paste, make sure it works fine then delete the old file.

But if you got lot of other video or movie you can move them first. They are easier to move.

TRENDING THREADS