Good 24" gaming monitor for about 360$

G

Hello everyone! Id really need some help to choose a new 24" gaming lcd monitor. The first monitor ive been looking at is the ASUS VW246H and the Samsung syncmaster p2450H.

I don't now much about montitor specification of what is good and what is bad but here are some specifications of the monitors mentioned.

The asus monitor has 20000:1 contrast and 0.270mm pixel pitch and colour deep 6bit 362$/242 €
The samsung monitor has 70000:1 and 0.265 pixel pitch and colour deep 8 bit. 347$/232 €

Id like to have an 1920x1080 monitor with 2ms and full HD

Id like to know wich one of these is the best 24" lcd gaming monitor and which other you recomend. I have an budget of about 360$

G

+1 for the Samsung, I have the P2350@1080p@2ms which is 23inch and cheaper and they rock for gaming.

G

Well anyway here in sweden everything is much more expensive :(

G

All of em i mentioned is avaible in sweden. But i don't like the brand acer so i don't really know if they are avaible in my area.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Yeah Im with OvrClkr. You dont need to spend that much for a great monitor these days. When I saw the ASUS 24 incher for 199 today my heart stopped cause Im on the ASUS 23.6 incher and its fantastic. You just have to adjust it to your liking. But at 199 I think thats not a bad trade off at all.

G

yea, but i had bad experience of the brand acer in all ways. But i know asus and samsung are good brands and have good support and warranty.

but for a low price 24" benq monitor you have to spend like 300$. But also the dollar currency is really low now. so thats maybe why you think im crazy spending 300$ for something you get for 190$ in your country.

So thats why i prefer to choose Asus or Samsung.

G

yea, but the only diffrent between the samsung was that the samsung had 50000:1 more contrast and 2 more in colour deep. What does really colour deep and contrast do? is higher contrast better, is higher colour deep better?

If the contrast ratio is not that far apart comparing both models, just go with the monitor that has the lowest response time. If both are the same then just go with whatever brand you feel more comfortable with...

G

rescawen, you think i should take an 24" monitor with 1920x1200 instead? some people says 1920x1080 16:9 is much better

zlittell

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
go with the asus the 50000:1 is just the dynamic contrast ratio... its a number game the same thing with air intakes for cars saying they get you 100hp and save you 5mpg and stuff. you want the actual contrast ratio which in this price range will only be 1000:1 or maybe 2000:1 if you sacrifice some other things.

and a 2ms response time is pretty much up there.

not to mention hdmi and hdmi audio passthrough thats also a plus