Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Updated sim-version of me

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 1:25:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Since the old me got deleted (or "archived", in EA/Maxis speak), I
uploaded a new version, this time with a custom shirt (what I'm
wearing now, actually) and facial hair

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id...

--

More about : updated sim version

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 10:05:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hey, I know a few Sim ladies that might be interested in this
character...I'll let you know if anything interesting happens to 'you' in my
game.<g>

Kelly
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 11:42:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:25:38 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>Since the old me got deleted (or "archived", in EA/Maxis speak), I
>uploaded a new version, this time with a custom shirt (what I'm
>wearing now, actually) and facial hair
>
>http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id...

Cool! Downloading now. I've tried a couple of times to make one of
me, but it's not even wildly close. Maybe I'll ask my sister to try.
It might be easier to do someone else than oneself.

BW
Related resources
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 1:44:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10pml8tpeb1soa8@corp.supernews.com...
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:25:38 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
> <jer@connectria.com> wrote:
>
>>Since the old me got deleted (or "archived", in EA/Maxis speak), I
>>uploaded a new version, this time with a custom shirt (what I'm
>>wearing now, actually) and facial hair
>>
>>http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id...
>
> Cool! Downloading now. I've tried a couple of times to make one of
> me, but it's not even wildly close. Maybe I'll ask my sister to try.
> It might be easier to do someone else than oneself.

Yes, since there's probably not as much emotional baggage involved when
creating a sim of someone other than yourself. ("No, no, I'm not that
gaunt!" "Now I know my face isn't that fat!" "Come on, my nose can't
really be that crooked." etc.) That and you may not have a good profile
shot of yourself.

You really need a good profile picture of yourself to get an idea of how you
really look from that angle, preferrably one that exposes your jawline and
neck. There's a lot of subtle details involved there that make a
difference, details that you can miss if you're trying to wing it.

I've really noticed, since getting the Sims 2, that I've been paying closer
attention to facial features of people I see out in public: people's noses,
specific mouth shapes, eye orientation, etc. It's funny how I sometimes
find myself thinking that if I were making a sim of that person, which
preset nose or eyes I'd use to get the job done. It's funny how
anatomically accurate a lot of the templates are.

C
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 1:44:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Charles Whitney wrote:
> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote...
>> "Jeremy Reaban" wrote:
>>
>>> Since the old me got deleted (or "archived", in EA/Maxis speak), I
>>> uploaded a new version, this time with a custom shirt (what I'm
>>> wearing now, actually) and facial hair
>>>
>>> http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id...

Hey, you got me checking. My Ashi bo Bashi is also "archived...." I guess
I'll have to get another version. Only if it looks as good in picture
imported by that stupid Bodyshop as it's in the picture, then more people
would download it.

>> Cool! Downloading now. I've tried a couple of times to make one of
>> me, but it's not even wildly close. Maybe I'll ask my sister to try.
>> It might be easier to do someone else than oneself.
>
> Yes, since there's probably not as much emotional baggage involved
> when creating a sim of someone other than yourself. ("No, no, I'm
> not that gaunt!" "Now I know my face isn't that fat!" "Come on, my
> nose can't really be that crooked." etc.) That and you may not have
> a good profile shot of yourself.

Too true.

> You really need a good profile picture of yourself to get an idea of
> how you really look from that angle, preferrably one that exposes
> your jawline and neck. There's a lot of subtle details involved
> there that make a difference, details that you can miss if you're
> trying to wing it.

(*nods*) I'll try that.

Speaking of self pictures. I never thought I would want a phone with a
camera, but now though I turned off picture sharing to save me money, but it
can be handy sometimes. I even took pictures of myself in a department
store dressing room, just to show whether they like the clothes I tried on
or not.... Of course that made my friends felt really digusted. Just like
a public woohoo, I guess.

> I've really noticed, since getting the Sims 2, that I've been paying
> closer attention to facial features of people I see out in public:
> people's noses, specific mouth shapes, eye orientation, etc. It's
> funny how I sometimes find myself thinking that if I were making a
> sim of that person, which preset nose or eyes I'd use to get the job
> done. It's funny how anatomically accurate a lot of the templates
> are.

Actually this game made me discover myself what I really look like....

Ashikaga
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 4:50:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3019v7F2qd1kvU1@uni-berlin.de...
>
> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
> news:10pml8tpeb1soa8@corp.supernews.com...
> > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:25:38 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
> > <jer@connectria.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Since the old me got deleted (or "archived", in EA/Maxis speak), I
> >>uploaded a new version, this time with a custom shirt (what I'm
> >>wearing now, actually) and facial hair
> >>
> >>http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id...

Jeremy - It is difficult to get the reseblance right to RL people. Without
knowing what the real you looks like, it's impossible to know. I can say it
does look like a normal person, and not some weird freaky looking townie.
(That's a compliment BTW) :-)


> I've really noticed, since getting the Sims 2, that I've been paying
closer
> attention to facial features of people I see out in public: people's
noses,
> specific mouth shapes, eye orientation, etc. It's funny how I sometimes
> find myself thinking that if I were making a sim of that person, which
> preset nose or eyes I'd use to get the job done. It's funny how
> anatomically accurate a lot of the templates are.
>
> C

I find I am doing this as well. Sometimes in meetings at work, or sometimes
at the shops. I might see an interesting face and look at the cleft chin,
distance of their eyes to the side of their head, the structure of their
nose. Argh! I've been playing this game too much already.

Note to family and friends - don't sit still for too long, or you'll be
cloned!

And you're right, good photos, particular profile shots do help.

If you don't want to or can't get someone to take your own photo, try
looking for a self-timer function on your camera, and set it up somewhere so
it will take the picture of yourself for you.

I'm looking forward to the talented modders figuring out to change the
meshes shapes of hair and bodies so we can get better results.

--Rikki
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 6:33:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Huntress" <Huntress@DarkKnight.Net> wrote in message
news:GfOdnYkn6OK7jT_cRVn-2Q@comcast.com...

> I have the same problem since my hair is past my butt. I wonder when they
> are going to make
> longer haired sims?

Maybe the solution is to cut your hair in a style similar to one of the
hairstyles included in the game!

Jokingly,
C

As for the actual answer, I wouldn't wait for Maxis to do it. Chances are
third party sites will start making meshes and hairstyles that are a bit
more elaborate than what came with the game. I just hope for the sake of
long hair that there's no size limit in the programming to how large hair
can be ingame.
!