P8Z69 pro /w corsair vengeance. Which cooler?

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hey guys, I just exchanged my kingston 8gb for corsair vengeance 16gb due to the kingston using 1.65v and the corsair using only 1.5v. That being said I already know almost any after market cooler I use will block at least my first ram slot. Does anyone have this combo and what is the largest cooler you think is usable. What if I exchange this for 8gb instead and only use 2dimms in the further slots? I thought long and hard about water cooling and closed loops but its not a viable option for me at this point. I also don't mind going for the 8gb but would be interested in hearing thoughts on both configurations.

My specs are in my signature in case you need them.

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Two of those don't fit my board (which happens to be in my sig and the title) and the other one is ugly lol. Thanks for the suggestions tho

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to look some stuff up for me. I think I am going to try out the 16GB and see if I want to keep it. If I do, I have found people with the same set up that use a hyper 212 and it fits with like 1/16 of an inch space left.