Sign in with
Your question

Need good advice on upgrade

Last response: in Systems
November 19, 2009 7:27:11 PM

would you go for windows 7 and upgrade to 6 gig of ram or would you try to buy another bfg 280 gtx video card for about $170.00.you can see my spec's at the bottom.fill free to explain why you would go with the first choice or the second choice. I have vista ultimate 32 bit now and have had no problem with the os.all reply are greatly appreciated. I use this PC for gaming and surfing internet only .just which would be the wises choice. thanks for your time and help.

oh yeah this this will be a Christmas gift given to me

▐ ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II ▐ I7 920 ▐ 3 GIG CORSAIR 1600 ▐ BFG 280 GTX ▐ ANTEC 850 PSU ▐ ANTEC 900 CASE ▐ ACER 22" 2216WB LCD ▐ SAITEK ECLIPSE II ▐ LOGITECH G5

More about : good advice upgrade

November 19, 2009 9:59:20 PM

i would think ram and 64bit O.S.; gtx280's are beast leading me to think your bottleneck is not at the gfx card... also, depending on what other periphs you have in the box im not sure if that psu would be enough. 2x 280s i know eat a lot of power, plus that i7...
m
l
November 19, 2009 10:26:37 PM

thacondor said:
i would think ram and 64bit O.S.; gtx280's are beast leading me to think your bottleneck is not at the gfx card... also, depending on what other periphs you have in the box im not sure if that psu would be enough. 2x 280s i know eat a lot of power, plus that i7...

thacondor thanks for your post,I don't really have a bootle neck with this pc,just trying to figure out which would be the best upgrade for me.as for the psu the antec 850 has 4 - 12 volt rails rated @ 25 amps each.so far I am leaning toward win 7 and 6 more gig ram.thanks again for the post .
m
l
!