2500k won't idle down after bios update

jta98z

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
*Sigh* Well this is exactly what I get for upgrading the BIOS. I was running a P8P67 Pro with 2103. It had been running at 4.2 perfectly for 4 months. Asus released a new firmware 2302 so I upgraded to that. Ever since then my 2500k idles at 4200mhz. It will not clock down to 1.6 like it used to. And I have changed nothing!!! I reverted back to the old BIOS but it still does it. It seems as if I change anything within the AI Tweaker from Auto it will not idle down. It will idle down if I leave everything 100% stock. But then I can't even get my RAM to run at 1600 because setting it to XMP causing the same thing to happen. *** is going on? I'm so frustrated right now I'm this close to tearing the whole damn thing apart and selling it all.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

fatz

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

I had a similar problem. I had to make sure that the windows power profile allowed a minimum cpu power of say 5%. Or just pick balanced profile. I also had to set a manual voltage for my cpu (overclocked to 4.5) for it to idle down. I set my ram to 1600mhz and left ram voltage at auto.

I hope this helps.