How to overclock md x3 440?

sushumei

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
hello guys,

I'm shy to say but to be honest im new to computers, my processor is amd x3 440, have already read and watch many topics regarding unlocking the core but I dont think i can do it with my motherboard becasue it doesnt have a core unlocker, so i was thinking of overclocking it instead to give better performance. can anyone teach me a step by step procedure how to overclock amd x3 440?

many thanks in advance to all of you =)

sushumei

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

Thanks for the reply, but like I said im new to computers,everything seems abstract to me :( have read all of those but nothing teaches where to go, what to press, something like that.

Ahhh, that's because there is nothing in stone when it comes to overclocking.
The other part of that is that BIOS's differ between manufacturers, so something that is comprehensive for MSI does not fit for an ASRock or other board.
What do you know about the motherboard? Let me know the model number of your motherboard, I'll see what I can do to get you at least started

sushumei

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

my mother board is EMX MCP61D3-icafe
my video card is Saphire Radeon HD5450 / 1GB / 64bit

tia =)

Okay, I can find very little about that motherboard... still checking

As far as the video card, if your graphics card has auxillary power input (yours does not), the manufacturer (Sapphire) should have some kind of utility to overclock the card. Sapphire does have an overclocking utility (called TriXX) but your graphics card is not supported by it.