Microsoft Updates - In Triplicate !

Today - May 22 2012 - I applied the 1st set of updates
Initializing installation... done!
Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2572073) (update 1 of 3)... done!
Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2633880) (update 2 of 3)... done!
Installing Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2518864) (update 3 of 3)...
done !

When I look for updates in add/remove programs, they are not listed.
The updates keep appearing in the system tray. Have applied them twice, and cancelled the 3rd time when I saw they were the same updates. Received them once again after a few minutes !

Anyone else having this problem today ?

Solution

They won't show up in add/remove programs because they were superceded by a different update which is listed in add/remove.
G

Yes i have the same problem,
How to fixit?

I had the same problem. These are outdated so I don't know why they resurfaced. Here is the solution.

1. Start the windows update program.
2. Select CUSTOM, not express.
3. Deselect all three.
4. you should now be able to check off, hide these or however it's stated.

After you have done this, you may have to let it try to install one last time, but it shouldn't nag you after that.

They won't show up in add/remove programs because they were superceded by a different update which is listed in add/remove.

Solution