Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cpu cooler Xigmatek Dark Knight or Coolmaster Hyper 212 Plus

Last response: in Components
February 2, 2010 7:55:43 PM

Im building my own computer and im after one of these CPU coolers, but i am restricted by the case im using Coolmaster Storm Scout

i am using a amd3 phenom ii x4 955 with the ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD

The hyper 212 Plus comes with a bracket in the pack but not sure bout the Xigmatek Dark Knight

Hyper 212 Plus -
Xigmatek Dark Knight -

What cooler should i get??

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2010 8:00:19 PM

Well, I recently built a computer with the Hyper 212+ and think it is an excellent cooler, especially for the price. I found it very easy to install (as long as you read the directions carefully and watch the installation videos on YouTube). It cools my i5 quite nicely while staying at low fan speeds (and thus silent). I am not sure how it compares to the Dark Knight, but in most comparisons I have seen it hangs with the best for much less. And I can also confirm the 212+ does come with a bracket for all of the recent AMD and Intel sockets/LGAs.
a c 248 ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2010 10:38:50 PM

Wait a minute! Somethings not right here.

xiras01 - What do you mean when you say you are restricted by the case you are using?

The dimensions of the Coolermaster Storm Scout are 19.20 inches x 8.6 inches x 19.50 inches. At 8.6 inches the case is much wider than a standard atx case. It can easily accomodate those extra tall tower style cpu heatsinks with room left over.

Both cpu heatsinks are very good. They both get the job done. I installed the original Coolermaster Hyper 212 in a Coolermaster HAF 932 case mod. The results were outstanding.
m
l
February 3, 2010 6:21:11 AM

Best answer selected by xiras01.
m
l
!