phippsy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
i have 1 crucial m4 64gb ssd i was just wondering if i bought another one would i beable to put them in raid 0 would also be good because i would have 128gb then :)

Okcookienc

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Yes you can and you probably should. SSDs are already very fast, but putting 2 in a RAID 0 will make them blazingly fast. The only real downside is the risk of complete data loss. In a RAID 0, if one drive fails you lose everything. So, should you decide to do this, it's critical that you perform frequent backups to a drive outside of the raid array. Ideally you backup to a drive that's not part of your core system - an external or a hot swap SATA drive.

Also, if you already have Windows installed on your current SSD, you will need to do a work-around or completely reinstall Windows on the new RAID array. See the following link for a work-around:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?72309-How-to-switch-to-RAID-0-without-reinstalling!

Note: I haven't tried the work-around myself... yet. I'm going to give it a shot in a couple days.