Problem with user names

AustinCarr

Honorable
May 22, 2012
My problem may seem trivial, but it's an itch I need to scratch.

So, we have three user accounts in my house. My account as admin "Austin", my wife's account "Manda" and my son's account "Rx1337". My problem is that whenever I see a process being run under my administrator rights the shown is "DellPC001". Which is the name I used when I first installed the computer with Win XP (bought separately).

So why doesn't it show "Austin" as the user since I changed the Admin to that name?

Also... sometimes after I log off an account, the Select User screen doesn't allow me to type in the password. To work around this I Ctrl-Alt-Delete and it brings up a WinNT style logon window that shows "DellPC001", not "Austin" and it works with my PW. Using this same work around, my wife's account also shows a previous name as "AmandaCarr" which was the very first name I used when I created her user account, and then changed it to "Manda". And if I highlight my son's account is shows the user as being "Matt", instead of the name he chose after.

Thanks in advance!

I also don't understand what is going on with the account names, but I do know you should NEVER rename or eliminate the administrator account. It is too easy to corrupt an account that is used daily, and if you corrupt your Austin account you will no longer have an administrator account you can use to fix it!