CPU cooler opinion

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Ok so I have a Thermaltake DuOrb CPU Cooler that I purchased because I was planning on overclocking. Now that I am not overclocking I would like to get rid of it because it is big and cumber sum. I would like to go with something smaller that does not take so much of my case. What do you guys think go with a smaller cooler or stick with the big one and not overclocking is it really necessary to have a big cooler?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/6755-thermaltake-duorb-cpu-cooler-review.html

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
depends on your cpu case and your eardrum sensativity, for what its worth if your not overclocking keep it cos its not worth ah heck all to sell unfortunately a 30 buck coolermaster 212 will slaughter it in temperatures that being said it will perform a heap better than the factory heat sink and more than likely be quieter underload. its a really good cooler for a htpc styled case as tower coolers cant be used and it looks pretty. hope this helps

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

technically speaking its very inferior to tower coolers the problem is that the heat is blown straight back on to your motherboard (circulation is good though, but case fans should take care of that except for heavy overclocking) and blown all round your case and towers are directed to blow the hot air straight out the back of your case lowering ambient temps. for a non overclocked computer its completely fine, better than stock, but there are plenty of cheap tower coolers that will perform much better. you want your case fans setup so cool air is sucked in front of case and hot air blown out the back in most case configurations

pfunkmd

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

Check out the review at overclockers club He said not only did it keep the cpu cool it kept the surrounding are cool like the chipset and the ram.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_duorb_cpu/4.htm