I5 2500k 212 evo

Hi, how much overclock can i get with this cooler? i will buy this for my build and i dont know if go with other cooler :/
Sorry for my bad english ^^
12 answers Last reply
More about 2500k
  1. 4.2~4.5ghz.any thing above isn't required.
  2. so.. with 4.2 4.5 im fine right? other question, should i buy 2x scythe gentle 1850 rpm for the cm 212 evo?
  3. krugorz said:
    Hi, how much overclock can i get with this cooler? i will buy this for my build and i dont know if go with other cooler :/
    Sorry for my bad english ^^

Unless youre ok with running at higher temps like over 70-75 you will hit the thermal limits at around 4.5ish. now if you actually got a good cooler you could hit 4.8 no problem before 70*c
  4. just add another blademaster fan.
  5. hellfire24 said:
    4.2~4.5ghz.any thing above isn't required.

Isn't required for what? he never said what he was doing so you gave a half truth. In gaming your 95% correct but in video creation your wrong.
  6. cbrunnem said:
    Isn't required for what? he never said what he was doing so you gave a half truth. In gaming your 95% correct but in video creation your wrong.

yeah i thought it was about gaming.
  7. That's normally a good assumption though ill give you that
  8. this is for gaming and my case is 500r carbide
  9. as i said and cbr approved that anything above 4.5ghz is not worth it.in fact 4.2ghz is also a good overclock.500r is a great case with plenty of airflow,you will do fine.
  10. thanks :D
  11. always welcome.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Overclocking Cooling Intel i5 Evo