Thantric_96

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
I own a Dell XPS 720 H2C computer, today my computer overheated and shut down. Evidently my cooling system has ceased to function properly. I cleaned the radiators and cooling fan and checked to make sure that the pump was running and everything seems to be in order. The hoses running from the CPU and heatsink were hot to the touch so I assume that the water is not circulating the way it should. After reading up on these systems it seems that they are not servicable or are extremely difficult to mess with. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated. Also is it possible to use and XPS heatsink and fan for the CPU in the meantime until I can address the H2C problem.

Buy a new heatsink. Even a cheap air cooler like the Hyper 212+ will perform extremely well. The only thing I'd make sure to confirm is the mounting holes on the motherboard - some companies use custom boards that have non-standard mounting holes.

Lutfij

Titan
aren't the XPS' mobo specs BTX? but as boiler mentioned - check the mounting holes on the mobo to see if cooler will go on. Regarding the H2C, you could look for them on ebay but isn't advised for an aging rig and obsolete cooling system.