ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO doesn't POST

hyzzy

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
I have a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard, Phenom II x4 955, and a Corsair 650w PSU.

When I plug just the 24-pin power connector in and press the power button on the case, all the fans spin up but there is no video output. I tried both the integrated and discrete outputs.

Then, I noticed that I didn't plug in the 4-pin 12V connector. I plugged that in, but that made it worse. Nothing spins up at all when I press the power button, and there is also no video output.

There aren't any beeps either, but maybe that's because I didn't plug in the motherboard speaker. Does it come with the mobo box? I don't think I saw it when unpacking the mobo.

hyzzy

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Okay, I'll check when I get home.

But I don't understand how having an outdated BIOs will make the entire mobo not start up when the CPU connector is plugged in while it starts up the fans with just the 24 pin connected.

Also, if it is an outdated BIOs, how would I go about updating it if I can't even get it to POST?

hyzzy

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Nevermind, I got it working.

It appears that I plugged in the 4-pin connector the wrong way! Ha!

Everything's up and functional. Thanks for the help, and sorry for wasting your time.

linjo76

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Hello there,

I have a similar problem: no fan will turn on (not even the power supply fan).
My 4 pin is inserted correctly, though ;-)
I checked the PSU independently and it works fine.

Can you tell me how to go about updating the Bios - which was suggested in this thread - when nothing comes on?

Thanks

G

I've got almost the same exact setup as OP. And I'm getting the same exact problem as OP. My connections are on properly, though.

The motherboard supports AM3. So I know the chipset is ok.

I have a PCI Express video card. When I try plugging that in, the computer doesn't even power on. When I press the power button, a light on the card blinks real quick, the fans move for a split second, but nothing turns on.

Any ideas? Bad mobo?