Upgrading a 5040 with a 250 meg hard drive

Last response: in Home Theatre
April 22, 2004 10:22:05 PM

I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?

Thanks
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 7:25:53 AM

The 250 GB Maxtor is an ideal upgrade for a ReplayTV unit. The 250 GB Maxtor
is also faster than the original drive that's in there.

Bye.

"No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
> menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
> drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 1:45:09 PM

A piece of cake to upgrade my 5504 to 250gb.

Chris Werner

"No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
> menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
> drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
>
> Thanks
April 25, 2004 2:51:03 PM

Did it two weeks ago on a 5080.
Faster than it was prior to the switch.

"No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
> menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
> drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 8:47:24 PM

Xarias wrote:

> Did it two weeks ago on a 5080.
> Faster than it was prior to the switch.
>
> "No Spam Please" <q1m7ot001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> > I had a tivo series one that I upgraded with a 120 gig drive and the
> > menu got very slow. I would like to upgrade my replay with a 250 gig
> > drive and was wondering if I would likely have speed problems ?
> >
> > Thanks

What is the procedure for upgrading a 5040 that has not been previously
upgraded?
!