Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUX or Sabertooth Z77... Which CPU HSF solution?

Last response: in Overclocking
April 19, 2012 7:12:02 PM

I´m looking to buy a P8Z77-V Deluxe or a Sabertooth Z77 (I havent made up my mind) but I´m concerned about fitting an aftermarket HSF because of space issues, not with my case witch is big enough to house a tall HSF, but with RAM module clearance. I´ve seen pics and most look like a VERY TIGHT fit but not Im sure if the pictures were taken using RAM modules with large heatsinks or low profile ones.

Im planning on using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, but I can only guesstimate how low it will sit on the CPU and not interfere with RAM modules.

What HSF are people using with this MoBo?
April 20, 2012 6:57:23 AM

Hellstalker said:
I´m looking to buy a P8Z77-V Deluxe or a Sabertooth Z77 (I havent made up my mind) but I´m concerned about fitting an aftermarket HSF because of space issues, not with my case witch is big enough to house a tall HSF, but with RAM module clearance. I´ve seen pics and most look like a VERY TIGHT fit but not Im sure if the pictures were taken using RAM modules with large heatsinks or low profile ones.

Im planning on using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, but I can only guesstimate how low it will sit on the CPU and not interfere with RAM modules.

What HSF are people using with this MoBo?

I have a P8Z77-V Pro + a Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo.

I haven't set up my build yet as i've waiting on IB next weak.

What type of RAM are you using? I have 16 gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LOW-PROFILE and I can see, eying the setup, the 212 Evo will definitely fit in facing towards the back... i'm not 100% it will fit pulling air up.
April 20, 2012 4:14:27 PM

I was thinking Vengance low profile too but Im not buying until I have fair confirmation that it will all fit down there, all the better if I can fit G.Skill Ripjaws with common size heat spreaders.
I will be f¡tting the 212 evo to face towards the back since I have a 120mm fan there to suck out the air coming from the HSF although orientation is not much of an issue for me, my concern is the RAM modules
!