Sign in with
Your question

Is my moutherboard temp high

Last response: in Motherboards
May 25, 2010 9:10:05 PM

hi i have a asus m4a785-m moutherboard and i feel the temp is high its about 86f in my room my board temp is 46c when gaming and 44-42c on idle but when its cooler out it goes down to 36c and 40c when gaming

i have my bus speed at 250mhz instead of 200mhz
i have a antec 300 case,top140mm fan,rear back fan 120mm,2 front fans 120mm

so is this ok

More about : moutherboard temp high

a c 234 V Motherboard
May 25, 2010 10:38:50 PM

With that ambient temp, your motherboard temps are just fine!

I would recommend trying to get your room temps down with additional room fans or air conditioning :)  86F is a pretty hot room when ideally you want your room temp around 72F or so...
May 26, 2010 4:56:00 PM

tecmo34 said:
With that ambient temp, your motherboard temps are just fine!

I would recommend trying to get your room temps down with additional room fans or air conditioning :)  86F is a pretty hot room when ideally you want your room temp around 72F or so...

72F ? LOL!

Dude, you must be in Canada or Sweden. Here in Texas I set my AC to 80F in the summer. Setting my AC to 72 would be like someone in Canada heating his house to 85F in the dead of winter. The utility bills would kill you.
a c 234 V Motherboard
May 26, 2010 5:00:38 PM

dfusco said:
72F ? LOL!

Dude, you must be in Canada or Sweden. Here in Texas I set my AC to 80F in the summer. Setting my AC to 72 would be like someone in Canada heating his house to 85F in the dead of winter. The utility bills would kill you.

I live in southwestern Ohio and we get hot temps to (not as much as your area) and I have my AC set at 70 during the summer months. Also, I said "ideally" meaning that is what is consider "standard room temperature" but I understand certain areas of the world, that isn't feasible.
!