Which of these mobos is best??

At first glimse this seems like a no brainer but i want to see what you guys think.

(ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5526903&CatId=4070

(Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5648696&CatId=4070

They both seem to have to same features, but i can't figure out why the gigabyte is $100 less.
If i buy the Asus then i would get an HD5850, But with the Gigabyte i will be able to afford an HD5870.
8 answers Last reply
More about which mobos best
  1. The ASUS P6X58D Premium is the better motherboard....

If this is for a gaming build, you would be better off buying the Gigabyte board with the HD5870, which will make a bigger impact gaming.
  2. Hi.

1- The ASUS P6X58D is avery solid mobo, much better that the UD3R but more expensive too. This version is a little old.
    2- The UD3R is a solid mobo, not as good as the P6X58D but have very good performance, the problem is that don't support USB 3.0 when u use Crossfire or SLI.

Now, Why go with the P6X58D that is around $295 if with $230 u can go with this ASUS P6X58D-E that have almost 90% of the features of the P6X58D and have a very similar performance. I think that with this mobo u can go with a 5870 too.
  3. thanks guys.

When running in crossfire on the gigabyte, do the 2 cards have to occupy the top 2 slots, or can they be in any combination? I'm askin cause it looks like the first 2 PCIe slots are too close together.
  4. ^For better performance is recommendable install the GPUs in the 2 top slots, and don't worry about the space and overheat since the airflow comes form the front side of the mobo ur GPUs are the 1st that receive the airflow.
  5. saint19 said:
    Hi.

1- The ASUS P6X58D is avery solid mobo, much better that the UD3R but more expensive too. This version is a little old.
    2- The UD3R is a solid mobo, not as good as the P6X58D but have very good performance, the problem is that don't support USB 3.0 when u use Crossfire or SLI.

Now, Why go with the P6X58D that is around $295 if with $230 u can go with this ASUS P6X58D-E that have almost 90% of the features of the P6X58D and have a very similar performance. I think that with this mobo u can go with a 5870 too.

Thanks a lot for the recommend.. i really liked the P6X58 color scheme cause it matches my Antec 12 hundred cas really well
  6. Any time, that's why we are here.
  7. Theres also the P7P55D-E Pro option.

I would compare features for you but I've gotta goto work now :X sorry. lol

Its a decent board and I was sold on buying it untill I found out there are alot of RMA's because of 'high pitched noise at idle' From somthing in it.

Edited for typo :X ---VVV
  8. ^That mobo doesn't exist.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Gigabyte