Can can modern warfare 2 be run on this on this computer

ghosttoast54

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009

ghosttoast54

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009

Ok, i want to get that, but will i need a new power supply for that because that PC only gets 220W power?

if i do need it, i found two power supplies that are good.

i only need to know if they fit in the computer or not and which 1 is best to get.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339012

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339025

I would rather get the cheaper one, but if its realy needed, i will get the other.

1) That PC is NOT in any way a gaming machine. If you plan on gaming, I would pic a new machine. Upgrading a PSU and video card on a small form factor machine is a pain. Onboard video doesn't cut it in gaming land.

2) I wouldn't buy from CDW. Their target market is the business sector. What is your budget? I am assuming you are in the US since you posted newegg links.

3) Are you stuck on a prebuilt machine, or would you entertain building your own?

ghosttoast54

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009

I would realy like to get a prebuilt machine that is no more than $500

with the card weegee64 suggested and one of the power supplies i found, would it be enough for this computer to be able to run COD: MW 2?
If not, then i guess its good enough if it can run MW 1 or L4D.

If you can find a better prebuilt computer for no more than $500, then plz give me the link and link any more items i may need.

THANK YOU

1) You will not find a prebuilt machine under $500 capable or playing games so that they look anywhere reasonable. Unless you find some crazy good deal or buy a used system. $500 will get you parts, JUST parts no OS, to build a low budget gamer. I'm trying to be realistic

2) The PC you suggested is a small form factor. The card WeeGee pointed out is not a low profile card, therefor it will not fit

3) The power supplies you probably won't even fit in the PC you listed as it is a SFF and those are ATX power supplies.

For $500 I would honestly recommend a PS3 or Xbox360 and MW2. PC gaming is not a cheap road. You can probably find a $500 PC and turn it into a gaming machine for $150-$200 more by adding a PSU and video card.

My honest opinion is if you get a $500 machine to play games, you will be very dissapointed.

weegee64

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Unless you have more than $700 and are willing to pirate your operating system (which is illegal), you would be better off going with an Xbox360 or PS3, like jay2tall said. PC gaming is really only for people who have a decent amount of disposable income, and people who are willing to build their own PC and pirate expensive software.

ghosttoast54

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009

I didnt really mean a computer that can run it for under 500, i just meant a computer beter than this one because i cant really find one and if this is the best i can get for this price than im going to get it.

Or, would i be better off with an HP pavilion? my bro has that computer and it seems to be very good. he can run games like spore and the sims 3 with no problem and he hasnt added anything to that computer.

weegee64

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
If I were you I would save up a few hundred more dollars and buy a machine than can also game decently in a few months.

Also, I would not buy an HP computer if you can avoid it, since they always come loaded up with all kinds of junk software that slows down the machine. Get a eCollege PC, since they tend to be better values and not have all kinds of junk software.