Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to uninstall windows 8 developer preview from dual boot windows 7

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
March 3, 2012 6:48:43 PM

uninstall windows 8 develper preview
a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2012 6:52:16 PM

Hi :) 

You cannot..you did READ the Instructions first of course...

You need to REINSTALL your previous OS again...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2012 7:15:09 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

You cannot..you did READ the Instructions first of course...

You need to REINSTALL your previous OS again...

All the best Brett :) 



I believe that the Win Dev. Preview stated that you would not be able to "upgrade" your Windows 8 Developer Preview to another version, and that you would have to a clean install of the new version....ie. which would be this the new Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 7:43:17 PM

ignore what the others are saying

you cant uninstall an operating system you need to delete it then install another

here is a quick guide

if its a dualbooted pc.

all you need to do is log into win7 or the other os you are using

then click start,right-click on computer/my computer

then click on properties

then disk management

and delete the partition for windows 8

then if your in vista/win7 you can right-click on win7 partition then resize to expand the partition to use the unused space
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2012 9:06:36 PM

shanky887614 said:
ignore what the others are saying

you cant uninstall an operating system you need to delete it then install another

here is a quick guide

if its a dualbooted pc.

all you need to do is log into win7 or the other os you are using

then click start,right-click on computer/my computer

then click on properties

then disk management

and delete the partition for windows 8

then if your in vista/win7 you can right-click on win7 partition then resize to expand the partition to use the unused space



Yes, those are the same instuctions that I posted above to chrisgielen
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
March 3, 2012 9:10:57 PM

Quote:
next time google something called a virtual machine next time you think of messing up your computer with a beta OS



Your comments belittling someone here is not appropriate "verteran."
m
0
l
March 3, 2012 9:34:18 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

You cannot..you did READ the Instructions first of course...

You need to REINSTALL your previous OS again...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2012 3:12:59 PM

danny2000 said:
Your comments belittling someone here is not appropriate "verteran."


oh i am sorry next time i will be just like everyone else with a sugar coated read between the lines answer instead of telling it like it is. i guess we are in nazi germany here
m
0
l
April 6, 2012 12:25:45 PM

captaincharisma said:
oh i am sorry next time i will be just like everyone else with a sugar coated read between the lines answer instead of telling it like it is. i guess we are in nazi germany here


Godwin's Law strikes again. Also, I might be wrong, but you can only install Windows 8 on a HAV enabled computer, which this user might not have, so it's not always the golden bullet.

As it's done dual boot, the concern about not being able to roll back to Windows 7 is irrelevant, he just needs to format the Windows 8 partition and play around with the Boot configs.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-uninst... - Step by step guide

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/ - Alternative Boot Editor to the one in the guide above

Hope that helps anyone else looking for the same answers.

---

It's all very well referring people to Google, but unless they know where to start looking, the internet can be full of crap.

Put bluntly, if you're here to help, help. Don't be a patronising douchebag about it.

But, if you're going the Virtual route in future here's a few links:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=59... -The HAV checker to see if you can

https://www.virtualbox.org/ -Free Virtual Machine

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite - Free Virtual CD drive

Have a nice day and don't feed the trolls ; )
m
0
l
!