Relay Recording 1 min too early...

Hey all,

My Replay often records the shows anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 min early,
especially on Prime time fox shows... this has become a very big
inconvenience, aside from setting a buffer is there anyway to force a time
offset globally?

Thanks,
Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about relay recording early

    It's the broadcasters who are at fault. Dump them!

    "Chris H" <Ttoolman@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > My Replay often records the shows anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 min early,
    > especially on Prime time fox shows... this has become a very big
    > inconvenience, aside from setting a buffer is there anyway to force a time
    > offset globally?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    No.

    It has become far too common for various channels to either deliberately or
    accidentally be a little late or a little early. Using the advanced setting
    for starting before or ending after is your one best defense. The clock in a
    ReplayTV is usually off by only a few seconds.

    Bye.

    "Chris H" <Ttoolman@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > My Replay often records the shows anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 min early,
    > especially on Prime time fox shows... this has become a very big
    > inconvenience, aside from setting a buffer is there anyway to force a time
    > offset globally?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    Don't blame RTV. I bet if you sit there with an atomic clock next to the
    unit it will be accurate to within a few seconds. I have 4 units and 3
    match my PC time perfectly while one is usually off by just 1 second.
    The culprits are the networks and even some individual stations. Look at
    the listings. A lot of shows are now scheduled to begin at 7:58, 8:59,
    etc (check the time for ER tonight at www.nbc.com). Even if the show is
    listed to start at the top of the hour it's no guarantee. They will,
    however, generally end before the end of the hour. I don't know if
    they're doing it to sell more ads or thwart recording but it's damn
    annoying.

    From:Chris H
    Ttoolman@rochester.rr.com

    > Hey all,
    >
    > My Replay often records the shows anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 min
    > early, especially on Prime time fox shows... this has become a very
    > big inconvenience, aside from setting a buffer is there anyway to
    > force a time offset globally?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

ReplayTV Video Home Theatre