Worth putting in extra 2 side fans in coolmaster scout??

xiras01

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Just wondering if it is worth putting in the additional side fans in the coolmaster scout case??

here is my set up -

asus M4A79T-Deluxe -Mobo
AM3 x4 955 - CPU
Kinsington 1333 4gb ddr3 -Memory
Samsung Spinpoint SATA 1TB - Hard Drive
Asus 5570 - GPU
Asus DVD-RW - Optical
Coolmaster extreme 650W - PU
Coolmaster Hyper 212 Plus - Cooling

The case has a 140mm fan at the front, a 140mm on top and a 120mm fan at the rear

I did a test a couple of weeks ago in response to another thread asking the exact same question. However, I had to use my Coolermaster HAF 932 case with and without a fan on the side panel. Adding a case fan to the side panel resulted in a temperature drop of 2C.

For the typical user/gamer a drop of 2C is not very significant. It may make a difference for a hardcore gamer into very serious overclocking going on a suicide mission to save the galaxy from alien invaders.

naim32

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I've just done this and there are a couple of things to consider

Number one - dust, you'll want filters ( your probably getting this already if you pull off the protective plastic)

Number two - noise. This is not the fans themselves but due to the air flow over the grill. If can make a buzzing sound which could be annoying.

As far as cooling is concerned, for me I have 2xSLI setup so the extra cooling is only really beneficial to the GPU's. Probably little difference to the CPU.