Sign in with
Your question

New intel 6-core 3dmark benchmark posted

Last response: in CPUs
February 3, 2010 9:01:56 AM

There appears to be a new intel 6 core (12 logical cores) running at 3784 Mhz posted today at the top of the futuremark benchmark table. As usual the code name is intel CPU 000. it scores X31796 3DMarks on exteme settings. Check it out http://service.futuremark.com/resultComparison.action?c...
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2010 11:42:19 AM

Quote:
3dmarks are theoretical, so it makes no difference. A faster quad core would kill it in actual gaming.

I really dont think this chip is designed for gamers. :sarcastic: 

@OP nice find, dont listen to zippy, someone has pooped on his rainbow.
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2010 11:47:46 AM

Nice ...
Related resources
February 3, 2010 11:52:42 AM

Yep, 3dmark is pretty heavily influenced by the number of cores in the CPU. The benchmark is pretty close to saying "well, 4 2.5 Ghz Cores = a 10 ghz CPU", which we know is not realistic.

In a perfect world, where programmers actually decided to balance a large multi-threaded system, yes... it would have an impact. Unfortunately, there are few games and programs out there which utilize multiple cores. Even if they do, usually one core does most of the work, and maybe one other core is used for offloading the sound engine or other game subsystem. This does help a bit, but it is far off from 3dMark predictions.

3dMark is nothing more than an E-Peen measuring tape, and has only vague correlations to real world performance.
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2010 12:01:07 PM

tossum said:
There appears to be a new intel 6 core (12 logical cores) running at 3784 Mhz posted today at the top of the futuremark benchmark table. As usual the code name is intel CPU 000. it scores X31796 3DMarks on exteme settings. Check it out http://service.futuremark.com/resultComparison.action?c...

So where did you get the link from?
February 3, 2010 9:40:47 PM

Finally a processor for the 5970 octa-fire setup that I allways dreamed of :lol: 
February 4, 2010 2:59:01 PM

Mousemonkey said:
So where did you get the link from?

I just happened to be browsing the table on the futuremark website and noticed it as a brand new entry, so copied and pasted the url in the post.

Seemingly its now been clocked to 4428 MHz. Pretty good overclock from a 3.07Ghz chip
a c 127 à CPUs
February 4, 2010 8:04:24 PM

Quote:
3dmarks are theoretical, so it makes no difference. A faster quad core would kill it in actual gaming.

Unless the 6 core can OC as high as the quad. I remember back in the Core 2 days the C2D was better for high clocks and OCs. But when 45nm came around and most 45nm quads could clock as high as duals it changed.
!