[Intel] Q6600 BSOD

Heinzen

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
Hey guys, I overclocked my Q6600 G0 yesterday and I started to have some BSOD, the only issue is that I tried to increase and decrese the voltage (ranging from 1.25v to 1.36v).

I'm running it on a 680i and I'm getting a BSOD under different circumstances, low load, full load, gaming etc.

My CPU is running at 70~73°c when running Prime95.

Any ideas?

Solution
make sure you turn off any cpu power saving features that will lower your fsb, as this will make my pc freeze. until you get a better cooler though, keep the vcore lower and fsb lower to control heat. you dont want it getting past 70c.

gmkos

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Its probably your memory.

Overclocking your FSB also overclocks your memory. You need to adjust the ratio between the two because the memory doesn't handle OCing as well and it will definitely BSOD your system if you don't account for this.

How many Mhz is your FSB running at? Did you adjust the FSB:Memory ratio (ideal is 1:1)?

Also, your load temperature is a little high for such a low voltage increase. Have you upgraded your CPU cooler? Is the ambient temperature in the room high also?

Heinzen

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
I did change both to unlinked, my memory is running at stock speed.

My room temps are around 25~29°C and I don't have an air conditioner yet because I just moved.

Stock cooler, but I'll upgrade to a 212+ or V6 to get it higher.

My FSB is running at 1333mhz

running too hot, and not enough volts. A hyper 212 or tx3 is enough. mine is on a hyper tx3 and sits at 67C under load @ 3.49ghz. I actually has some freezes and am currently running the same as you 1333 fsb, but with much more volts - 1.4v. I also have my HT link voltagge increased, as i found most of my instability was coming from the motherboard, not the cpu.

Heinzen

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
How can II increase the HT link voltage you mentioned? I'd like to try that out, if that's something that won't fry my MoBo, obviously :p

Also, that's what I said, the voltage IS too low, but the thing is that I'm having more instability running at higher voltages...