Need help Overclocking Intel E6550 on EVGA 750i SLI board

I have been working at trying to overclock my Intel core 2 duo E6550 on my evga 750i SLI motherboard and can only reach 2.600.90 mhz from the stock 2.33. I have the core voltage at 1.5 the FSB voltage at 1.35 and the rest on auto, also have the ram unlinked from the cpu.

Is there something that I am missing? do I need to up the voltage even more on this board to get it to 3.0 or a tad higher?
5 answers Last reply
More about need overclocking intel e6550 evga 750i board
  1. the problem here is, the stock FSB of your CPU is already 1333, so to overclock you are going to be running a very high FSB. You will need to start increasing HT link voltage and NB voltage to get the motherboard stable. I also found with my 750i that there is a hole in the FSB where it is unstable from around 1333-1450 was unstable, hit 1500fsb and it was able to post and boot through to windows. You shouldnt need to run the CPU voltage past 1.45v.
  2. I also noticed a hole past 1500 its around 1600, It will make Bios freeze at post after detecting the cpu.
  3. yeah, i think 1600 is pretty much maxing out the board.
  4. I don't know. My eVGA 680i FSB freq worked at 442 MHz (QDR clock 1768 MHz). OTOH, the MCP temps hit 90 C.

The E6550 is not a particularly good candidate for overclocking because of its 333 MHz FSB freq and relatively low internal multiplier.

I recommend running the memory Linked for a 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio. That will give you the best memory stability at whatever FSB clock you can run.
  5. I have tried that, and no post because my ram wont overclock for some reason, unless i have it at the wrong voltage and cas, I have DDR 800 6-6-6-18 T2 what should I set my timing and voltage to?
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking EVGA Intel SLI