Sign in with
Your question

750a sli mother board dimms slot 1 and 3 not working

Last response: in Motherboards
May 26, 2010 9:34:05 PM

My first 2 dimms slots are not working on my motherboard which are dimm slots 1 and3 the other two are fine. Is there something i have to change in bios to get all 4 of them to work . Please help!

Thanks
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 27, 2010 2:19:15 AM

How do you know they aren't working? Have you enabled "memory mapping" in the bios?
May 27, 2010 3:37:46 PM

o1die said:
How do you know they aren't working? Have you enabled "memory mapping" in the bios?

Well o1die i tried enabling memory mapping and its still the same... Slots 1 and 2 arent working. anything else you can suggest.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2010 6:05:36 PM

How do you know and what have you done so far? What kind of RAM are you using.
May 27, 2010 6:11:36 PM

FALC0N said:
How do you know and what have you done so far? What kind of RAM are you using.

Well falcon i tried and still cant figure out how to get those 2 slots working. And i am using Patriot Viper memory 2 x 4gigs and they are working fine in dimm slots 3 and 4. Do you have any suggestions for me how to get the first 2 slots functioning correctly?
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2010 8:30:48 AM

inspector71 said:
Well falcon i tried and still cant figure out how to get those 2 slots working. And i am using Patriot Viper memory 2 x 4gigs and they are working fine in dimm slots 3 and 4. Do you have any suggestions for me how to get the first 2 slots functioning correctly?

I need to know more about the setup. The board, the cpu, is this a new build, is this an old build that just developed this problem, was this a ram upgrade, etc....
May 28, 2010 5:02:10 PM

FALC0N said:
I need to know more about the setup. The board, the cpu, is this a new build, is this an old build that just developed this problem, was this a ram upgrade, etc....

This is a new build. the motherboard is an XFX NVIDIA 750a sli mother board and i am currently using 2 gigs of patriot ram ddr 2 800mhz.
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2010 4:47:19 AM

inspector71 said:
This is a new build. the motherboard is an XFX NVIDIA 750a sli mother board and i am currently using 2 gigs of patriot ram ddr 2 800mhz.

Nothing seems unusual there. Did you check the manual? Maybe you have the populate them in a certain order.

Use a utility that will tell you what you have in your ram slots. Your board may come with one. If not, CPUZ does and its free. Install ram in the questionable slots and see if cpuz sees it. Obviously you will need some ram in the slots that do work to boot.

Speaking of which, what happens when you have ram in the questionable slots? What happens when 1 is in the working slot and 1 is in the non working slot? What happens when both non-working slots are filled? What exactly does it do?
May 29, 2010 5:07:32 PM

FALC0N said:
Nothing seems unusual there. Did you check the manual? Maybe you have the populate them in a certain order.

Use a utility that will tell you what you have in your ram slots. Your board may come with one. If not, CPUZ does and its free. Install ram in the questionable slots and see if cpuz sees it. Obviously you will need some ram in the slots that do work to boot.

Speaking of which, what happens when you have ram in the questionable slots? What happens when 1 is in the working slot and 1 is in the non working slot? What happens when both non-working slots are filled? What exactly does it do?

Well what happens is when i put mmoemory in slots 1 and 2 it does not boot up. and yes i have taking the ram out of the 3 and 4 slots to and tried it that why too.
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2010 9:17:43 PM

inspector71 said:
Well what happens is when i put mmoemory in slots 1 and 2 it does not boot up. and yes i have taking the ram out of the 3 and 4 slots to and tried it that why too.

Ok, it doesn't boot up. But what exactly does it do? Does it post and lock up? Does the system power up, but no output to the monitor occurs? Can you get into the bios?
!