I'm still in Shock!

Last night one of my twin toddlers Drake was kidnapped by a single sim
Emily. She would come over and hold one of the babies and really enjoy
them, sometimes giving them a bath.. The parents didn't mind the extra
help. Last night Emily said "Bye", and walk out with Drake. His thumbnail
disappeared from the family list. Horrors!

I couldn't check to see if Emily added Drake to her family because I didn't
have the heart to save the game after she left. I know his twin sister
didn't want to grow up without her brother. The parents didn't seem to
notice he was gone. Like in an alien abduction. I'm wondering if this is
part of the game or an aberration. Anyone else have this happen?

I am not sure, but I think I read somewhere, that there is a fair chance of
getting the baby back if you call the police right after the kidnap

you could give it a try if she takes the kid again (you can still leave
without saving)

:O)

"chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote in message
>I am not sure, but I think I read somewhere, that there is a fair chance of
>getting the baby back if you call the police right after the kidnap
>
> you could give it a try if she takes the kid again (you can still leave
> without saving)

Kidnapping isn't actually programmed into the game. It is an accident so
calling the police shouldn't help. MAxis said in one of the chats to exit
and then the kid should show up near your mailbox the next day.

Gareeth

> "chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>I am not sure, but I think I read somewhere, that there is a fair chance
>>of getting the baby back if you call the police right after the kidnap
>>
>> you could give it a try if she takes the kid again (you can still leave
>> without saving)
>>
> Kidnapping isn't actually programmed into the game. It is an accident so
> calling the police shouldn't help.

Yes, this only happens when the sim is holding the child and hits the point
when the programming tells the sim to leave the lot autonomously. They
forgot to program the interaction in such a way that the sim would put the
child down before leaving, so she walks right off with the child.

Any interaction with a sim holding a toddler, outside "Talk to Toddler" will
force the sim to put the toddler down, so if you're worried about it, that's
one way to get the kid out of the sim's arms.