Can a Giga-Byte GA-7N400 Pro2 Motherboard benefit from an SSD drive?

I have a Giga-Byte GA-7N400 Pro2 Motherboard with an Athlon 2800+. I am using HDD drives and would like increased load speed, etcetera from a SSD drive. I this probable? The motherboard has IDE connectors and only SATA-raid, IDE-raid.

Andy
3 answers Last reply
More about giga byte 7n400 pro2 motherboard benefit drive
  1. any computer will benefit from it. but you have sata 1 which is 1.5 Mb/s. so getting 75% of that theoretical speed is still about 4 times faster than you have now. which is about what to expect. 4 times faster load times.
  2. Yes, an SSD will improve your load speed, but you might get a better speed improvement from a more modern motherboard and CPU. The trick is to identify the bottleneck component, and if that board only has SATA I it must be pretty old. I checked - it's more than six years old.
  3. afm64junk said:
    I have a Giga-Byte GA-7N400 Pro2 Motherboard with an Athlon 2800+. I am using HDD drives and would like increased load speed, etcetera from a SSD drive. I this probable? The motherboard has IDE connectors and only SATA-raid, IDE-raid.

Andy

...more info...

I would upgrade to a newer motherboard EXCEPT that I need the card slots (old style) for the two Delta 44 sound recording cards I have. The newer ones have only have the PCI-E (express?) slots. UNLESS I am misinformed because I looked a while ago and dropped the whole idea so no further research.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives NAS / RAID Motherboards SSD Storage