Which Mobo is better for a i7 930 build?

Gotta decide between these two boards

Asus P6X58D Premium
or
Gigabyte GA-X58A

Both are great and price isn't really a issue because i want a mobo that will be good for at least a year or two. I plan on o'cing the i7 around 3.4-3.6ghz and will be running a 5970 Diamond radeon gpu and will eventually add another in crossfire mode.
3 answers Last reply
More about which mobo build
  1. The ASUS is the better board...

Also, you can look at the ASUS P6X58D-E, which is a nice fit in between those to boards on price and performance.
  2. Ok so what about the Asus Rampage 3 over the Premium?

And what kind of ram would you suggest i was told that the corsair dominators weren't that good and something just as good could be had for cheaper
  3. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The P6X58D Premium is a expensive and a little old, go with the new version ASUS P6X58D-E that have a very similar performance that the P6X58D Premium and with the same features for a less price.

The Ggaibyte UD3R is a good mobo, more cheap that the other two, but with a big problem when u use Crossfire or SLI. What problem? don't support USB 3.0 whe u use multi GPUs, that is something that u want in the future.

The Rampage III is the queen X58 mobo, but is very expensive to, it's a puer OC mobo with exclusive features of the ROG edition. IMO for the OC that u want and the future Crossfire the P6X58D-E is more that enough.

Finally the best RAM price/performance that u can get for ur rig are this G.Skill PI series 1600, but if u want something much better the way are this Mushkin Redline 1600
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i7 Build