Sign in with
Your question

Which Mobo is better for a i7 930 build?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 27, 2010 2:57:46 AM

Gotta decide between these two boards

Asus P6X58D Premium
or
Gigabyte GA-X58A

Both are great and price isn't really a issue because i want a mobo that will be good for at least a year or two. I plan on o'cing the i7 around 3.4-3.6ghz and will be running a 5970 Diamond radeon gpu and will eventually add another in crossfire mode.

More about : mobo 930 build

a c 234 V Motherboard
May 27, 2010 3:10:10 AM

The ASUS is the better board...

Also, you can look at the ASUS P6X58D-E, which is a nice fit in between those to boards on price and performance.
May 27, 2010 3:26:09 AM

Ok so what about the Asus Rampage 3 over the Premium?

And what kind of ram would you suggest i was told that the corsair dominators weren't that good and something just as good could be had for cheaper
a c 292 V Motherboard
May 27, 2010 4:03:07 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The P6X58D Premium is a expensive and a little old, go with the new version ASUS P6X58D-E that have a very similar performance that the P6X58D Premium and with the same features for a less price.

The Ggaibyte UD3R is a good mobo, more cheap that the other two, but with a big problem when u use Crossfire or SLI. What problem? don't support USB 3.0 whe u use multi GPUs, that is something that u want in the future.

The Rampage III is the queen X58 mobo, but is very expensive to, it's a puer OC mobo with exclusive features of the ROG edition. IMO for the OC that u want and the future Crossfire the P6X58D-E is more that enough.

Finally the best RAM price/performance that u can get for ur rig are this G.Skill PI series 1600, but if u want something much better the way are this Mushkin Redline 1600
!