Lucivar69

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade my pc at the end of the year. I already have an outline of what I'm getting but I'm having abit of trouble with finding a motherboard to go with it. Any suggestions of what to look at would be great! So here is the other components I'm looking to get with it:
I7 980x processor
Sapphire 5970 OC edition graphics card (possibly toxic one if i can find a supplier)
Corsair dominator triple channel ram ( as much as will fit on the board)
Bluray dvd drive and 1 Terrabyte harddrive
I'm looking at the HAF932 case and a 1000 watt powersupply.
Oh and should i get an ssd? Or won't it make much difference?
Any help would be great!

I use a patriot 32 gb ssd for boot up only. I had to rma it recently. Had fewer problems with a kingston value 64 ssd. I recommend biostar motherboards. Just bought my 5th biostar combo from frys. They have answered all my emails promptly. And an rma only took nine days to get a new board. Great company.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Are you sure you need an 980X? What are you doing with your computer?

An SSD will give you a lot of performance for load times which can make the system seem much faster. Since you are already spending so much then you should get one...

randomkid

Distinguished

That's all top of the line. I can only dream about considering buying that... What is it for?

Lucivar69

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
HAHA thanks for the advice everyone I'll definitely add an ssd in then :)
Um as to the main purpose of the rig its mostly for gaming, and yes i realise this is a complete and utter overkill for doing just that but I have some what of an obsession with finding/building things to highest specs. Plus its not like I went cheap on my accessories so it will all fit in nicely. Just recieved last month my Logitech G19 keyboard, G500 mouse and G35 headset which all run amazingly.
The motherboard was the only bit i was iffy on I was looking at the ASUS range but thanks for pointing me at that one. :)