Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Custom WC setup Part Recommendations

Last response: in Overclocking
April 22, 2012 4:19:05 AM

Hi there I am new to TH in terms of posting, but been reading alot lately, as I am looking to build a decent gaming PC

I am very interested in WC but I don't like the look of prebuilt systems!

I would like to OC to 5GHz Stable(too high? maybe 4.5 Stable) :bounce: 

My future, relevent specs are:

CPU: Core i5 3570K (When Released)
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core%20i5-3...

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77

RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz

GPU: ASUS GTX 670 Ti (When Released)
Or Gigabyte R797OC-3GD / SAPPHIRE HD 7970 OC 3GB

Case: Thermaltake Chaser Mk 1 http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1467&ID=20...
Or a HAF X http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653
I'm looking to Cool my CPU and possibly Chipset too
budget between $250-300 USD for complete WC setup

Please recommend brands+ models of parts that make up the WC setup.

Thanks! :) 

Best solution

a c 190 K Overclocking
April 22, 2012 9:48:01 AM

I'd recommend checking out the W/c sticky at the top of this section,
but for $300 you can manage a Cpu and Gpu loop

And how are you going to try cooling the chipset? the armour on those boards is not going to allow it, and you cannot buy one of those to rip the armour off,
read through the sticky and decide if you want Cpu only or Cpu/Gpu and we'll go from there :) 
Moto
April 22, 2012 8:12:05 PM

I don't really wanna buy a GPU to rip all the neat cooling off =/ not so keen on that! :ouch: 

Read through, I don't want to cool the chipset anymore, just the CPU! :D 

Would appreciate any/all the help you can give me! =)
m
l
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 22, 2012 9:46:27 PM

GPUs benefit the most from watercooling; consider that most will run around 70C at load- you'd likely see in the low 40s at load with watercooling. I know that most of us do, anyway.

CPU will benefit least unless you are doing a lot of overclocking, but I'm not trying to discourage you from cooling it, though.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
April 22, 2012 9:55:00 PM

I don't want to lose my cool DCII coolers on my graphics cards, which is why I'm modding them to fit over my waterblocks,
Welcome to watercooling, and by proxy the world of modding :-)
Moto
m
l
April 22, 2012 9:57:18 PM

I know this doesn't relate to WCing, but why do you need 16GB of RAM if you are only gaming? A 2x4 kit should be more than enough.
m
l
April 22, 2012 11:44:38 PM

RE: Moto
you can do that!? Wicked!!

RE: yougo
It will be 2x4GB for the first couple of years
but just to allow for expansion ;) 
will probally add a 2nd GPU in then aswell, to keep up with demanding games (in the future, we're talking like 2-3yrs) ;) 

So guys what are the best quality/$ brands for Waterblocks/Rads/Pump/Rad Fans/reservoirs ect

give me some brands ;) 

I found this is it any good?
http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentvie...

also how do I run it so that warm liquid from CPU doesn't go straight to the GPU or vice versa?
m
l
April 22, 2012 11:50:14 PM

I'm upping my budget to $350USD to allow for GPU cooling, no chipset

I've read alot that Coolant can really destroy a system, and everyone seems to say to steer well clear of it, seen some pretty devastationg piccys too!! O.o
I really want to show off the WCing in UV Green to match my case theme with UV CC's in it too =/

Should I just get Colored tube?
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
April 22, 2012 11:52:55 PM

You can do it, but it will take some serious planning and design work, I'll link my worklog so you can watch me do mine, maybe see if you fancy doing a similar mod for you card/s
Xspc do some loops in kitform, everything you need in a box for a Cpu loop, just buy the 360 size and a Gpu block as well
Check out 'raystorm kit' on google, avoid the Rs radiator if you can, the RX and Ex series are both much better,
It doesn't matter too much if you go straight from cpu block to Gpu block, over time the temp balances in the whole loop, but you can put a rad between blocks if you wish to, plenty of folks do,
I will give more detsiled help tomorrow, on phone at work right now :-)
Moto
m
l
April 23, 2012 6:36:38 AM

Best answer selected by S4ndV1p3r.
m
l
!