BIOS is not installed

Recently I added a network card and hard drive to my
system and now when I reboot the systems says:
"Detecting...."
"BIOS is not installed"

Most things work just fine, but I'm having trouble adding
a plug and play USB hub.

Any thoughts?
2 answers Last reply
More about bios installed

    If the "BIOS is not installed" statement was really true then you couldn't
    possibly boot the computer.

    Could be it means the network card can't be found. Remove it and see what
    happens.

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:38:03 -0700, "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com>

    >If the "BIOS is not installed" statement was really true then you couldn't
    >possibly boot the computer.

    System BIOS isn't the only BIOS. Display cards, SCSI controllers and
    LAN cards can all have their own BIOSs.

    >"HCollins" <hamnshan@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    >> Recently I added a network card and hard drive to my
    >> system and now when I reboot the systems says:
    >> "Detecting...."
    >> "BIOS is not installed"

    LAN cards used to use the option to include a BIOS that could boot an
    OS from a server. This was popular in diskless workstations for
    Netware, in the DOS and Win3.yuk days.

    Most LAN cards don't bother with this anymore, so they usually ship
    without the optional BIOS. So at boot time, you may see "BIOS not
    found", meaning that the LAN card doesn't have this BIOS and thus
    can't be expected to boot an OS from the network (good!).

    Recommended action: Do nothing :-)

    Tip Of The Day:
    To disable the 'Tip of the Day' feature...

Configuration BIOS Windows XP