What good voltage for overclocking E4500 to 3.0 GHz?

frenzyvanrafi

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
What the good voltage to overclocking my E4500 to 3.0 GHz, if I don't know safe voltage it will unstable. I was only successfully overclocking my E4500 to 2.6 GHz with auto voltage feature (on ASUS P5KPL-AM SE), when I set to 2.8 GHz with auto voltage feature it was crash when booting up. Maybe due of auto voltage failure, I saw the video about overclocking on ASUS P5KPL-AM SE , they just set the clock rate and let the voltage level set "Auto" and it successfully overclocked.

Solution
We cannot give you a certain voltage. What you should do is turn it to manual and rise it a little bit ONLY when your overclock becomes unstable. Be aware that you can fry your CPU if you set the voltage too high. That's why you only chance it when there's nothing else you can do.
You could search the internet to check out what other people managed to do with your CPU. You can also probably find out the maximum safe voltage

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
We cannot give you a certain voltage. What you should do is turn it to manual and rise it a little bit ONLY when your overclock becomes unstable. Be aware that you can fry your CPU if you set the voltage too high. That's why you only chance it when there's nothing else you can do.
You could search the internet to check out what other people managed to do with your CPU. You can also probably find out the maximum safe voltage

Solution