Your question

HDD Recovery

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Data Recovery
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
October 18, 2011 10:16:18 PM

I was asked by a friend of mine to recover some files from his busted mac's hard disk (he got in some sort of scuffle and all but the main drive are toast). I booted up my linux distro to read the HFS formatted disk and as I was looking at his user files to pull them onto my own machine i realized the files were locked (they are under his user account, music, documents, etc). How do i go about getting them onto my own machine/getting access to read these files in general? All i need to do is recover them and i am unsure as to how to give myself permissions in this situation. Any help would be appreciated. :) 

More about : hdd recovery

a b G Storage
October 18, 2011 10:29:37 PM

You're not goinf to get that help here. We don't know if your story is true or you stole a computer.
m
l
October 18, 2011 11:38:38 PM

Whether you believe me or not I've seen people's questions on hard drive file recovery get answered here before. If i had stolen someone's machine i would have just reformatted his drive anyway. I just want to be able to recover his music for the most part (he said that's mostly what he wants off of it and i know how much of a pain it is to get a music library of that size back). Would i have to put in his password somewhere as authentication to get into his user account (since i can ask him any time what his password is, since i DIDN'T steal it)?
m
l
!