The used missing space of drive c

atb_47

Honorable
May 24, 2012
the c drive shows that i have used 9.77 gb but i gather all the data presnt in c drive includding hidden data its 4.45 gb where is the missing spave i have cleaned it ,system restore is cleaned also,i have also check through windirstat software but it also shows that drive c has 4.45 gb space used so where the hell is my missing space that drive c is showing in the pie chart?

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
if you dont have access to view folders contence the it will course this
corupted downloads can aswell eg DVD download as a curupted zip/video file that file system cant read but still has a size on the disk
hidden files as well if you are useing the select all on the drive way to get total size make shore that hiden files and folders are shown (might be wrong about that but best to beshore).

can you remember when you lost the space?

give ccleaner a go
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

atb_47

Honorable
May 24, 2012
well the space was lost after when i installed windows xp service pack 3 and before that i did formatted the drive c but after installation when i looked for how much space has been used it was showing more then it has occupaied.

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
paging file that is where i will put my mony for the moment
3GBor more of ram would need a Paging file that size and it would not show up as part of the file system
if you note the settings down you could turn it off restart the pc and see if you get the space back BUT remember to turn it back on as set to the setting you noted down.

atb_47

Honorable
May 24, 2012
well thanx alot for your helping replies mrfatbox and Hawkeye22 the problem has been solved now i reinstalled the windows again and formatted C drive and got back the missing space and i will keep your suggestions in mind again thank you have a good day :)