Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New "jack of all trades" PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 21, 2009 4:28:44 PM

Guys im building a new PC, will use it for casual gaming(1680x1050 resolution). here is the list

CPU - Intel Core i5 750
Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper212+
MoBo - MSI P55 GD65
RAM - G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD
Graphics - MSI radeon 4870 1G
PSU - Coolermaster Extremepower 600W or Tagan stonerock 600W
HDD - WD 1TB SATA2
LG DVD writer
Samsung 21.5" P2250 LCD

So guys tell me do i need to do any alterations?? Any improvements i need to make??

Thanks.

More about : jack trades

Best solution

November 21, 2009 4:32:54 PM
Share

Consider a Asus or Gigabtye mobo, they have a better rep but MSI is fine.
Get Gskill Ripjaws over trident. Get 1333 speeds with 7-7-7-21 or 8-8-8-24.
Do not get either of those PSUs, Get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic or OCZ. Those are not known as high quality PSUs.
Get a Spinpoint F3 HDD over that WD, its faster and cheaper.
Please repost in the format stickied at the top of this forum.
November 21, 2009 4:32:59 PM

ur conf is so well . dont need to change any of them . buy them so . if u are overclocker , maybe u can add a processor cooling fan like ocz vandetta or any other . if u can find more cash , vga can be 5850 . cant' it ?
Related resources
November 21, 2009 4:41:59 PM

sonic-boom said:
Consider a Asus or Gigabtye mobo, they have a better rep but MSI is fine.
Get Gskill Ripjaws over trident. Get 1333 speeds with 7-7-7-21 or 8-8-8-24.
Do not get either of those PSUs, Get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic or OCZ. Those are not known as high quality PSUs.
Get a Spinpoint F3 HDD over that WD, its faster and cheaper.
Please repost in the format stickied at the top of this forum.


I'm buyinng this pc in india. and there psu like corsair TX 650W will cost me around 150$ .and the other two that i mentioned are available at 100$. so 150$ is a little too much for me.. thats why im limiting myself to these two..
November 21, 2009 4:44:34 PM

Then get the coolermaster.
November 21, 2009 4:44:35 PM

deepinder27 said:
Guys im building a new PC, will use it for casual gaming(1680x1050 resolution). here is the list

CPU - Intel Core i5 750
Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper212+
MoBo - MSI P55 GD65
RAM - G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD
Graphics - MSI radeon 4870 1G
PSU - Coolermaster Extremepower 600W or Tagan stonerock 600W
HDD - WD 1TB SATA2
LG DVD writer
Samsung 21.5" P2250 LCD

So guys tell me do i need to do any alterations?? Any improvements i need to make??

Thanks.


And i plan to overclock too...
November 21, 2009 4:45:37 PM

sonic-boom said:
Then get the coolermaster.


18A on two +12V will be enough ??
November 21, 2009 4:48:46 PM

18*12 is 216W on one rail, should do the trick :sol: 
November 21, 2009 5:27:22 PM

howz FSP Blue Storm Pro 500w?
November 21, 2009 5:47:23 PM

Or a Modstream from OCZ
Or a HX from Corsair
if you want modular psu
November 21, 2009 9:56:57 PM

Heinrich, OP already explained why no Corsair, read the post. No to the FSP blue storm, out of the ones you only the coolermaster is any good.
November 22, 2009 8:05:16 AM

Are you planning to crossfire later? If not, get a Corsair vx450 for ~Rs.4500. Should be enough for one 4870.

Visit www.techenclave.com. Best site for computer stuff in India. Go to dealer section and find what you need. Go for brands like Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Gigabyte, Glacialpower, CM Real Power(Not extreme power) in that order.

If you are planning to crossfire, then consider buying Glacialpower 650 which is availalble for Rs. 4500 at SMC International, Nehru place.

For a 4870 crossfire setup, 750W quality PSU is recommended, but I think that you will get away with the glacialpower PSU.
Although, I cant stress this enough that you should never cheap out on PSUs. CM Extremepower series have a very bad reputation and have known to be failed on many customers. Go to www.techenclave.com and you will know what I mean.

And, if you are buying a 22" screen, why not go for a full HD (1920x1080) one. Samsung 2233SW sshould cost only ~9000. There is a deal on techecnlave for a DELL 24" for Rs. 12750 shipped. Maybe, you wanna consider that. I mean make sure that you dont settle for less than full HD panel. If you have already bought, then its fine.
November 22, 2009 6:05:31 PM

For a single 4870, save some money and get a Phenom II 955. Sincerely, you will not see any difference in performance between the 2 platforms, but your wallet will.

4870 on crossfire need a 550W power supply. Jesus, a single 5970 can run with 600W mister Raiser.
November 22, 2009 6:11:22 PM

Heinrich Schwanz said:
Or a Modstream from OCZ
Or a HX from Corsair
if you want modular psu


You got 2 excellent power supplies here. I would say go with the cheapest one. The only downside of the OCZ modxstream is the lack of two 8 pins PCIe connectors. Still, you won't need two unless you SLI or Crossfire anything higher than a 4890...
November 22, 2009 6:28:31 PM

8-pins?
I thought it was 6-pins PEG
November 24, 2009 5:42:01 PM

sonic-boom said:
Consider a Asus or Gigabtye mobo, they have a better rep but MSI is fine.
Get Gskill Ripjaws over trident. Get 1333 speeds with 7-7-7-21 or 8-8-8-24.
Do not get either of those PSUs, Get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic or OCZ. Those are not known as high quality PSUs.
Get a Spinpoint F3 HDD over that WD, its faster and cheaper.
Please repost in the format stickied at the top of this forum.


ok tell me which RAM i should choose-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
November 24, 2009 6:38:27 PM

The Gskill.
November 24, 2009 7:54:19 PM

Sonic, is it ok to use 1,65Volts memory on core i5/i7?
Intel specification says, no more than 1,5/1,6V or you'll fry your processor.
Memory brands say: up to 1,65V
November 24, 2009 8:37:39 PM

The ram is advertised to be "engineered/ compatible for/with i5/i7 series processors" its on them if it frys.
!