Sign in with
Your question

Noctua NH-D14 LGA1155 will fit a 1155 z77 ivy cpu?

Last response: in Overclocking
April 22, 2012 5:21:06 PM

Just wondering?
April 22, 2012 5:38:48 PM

yes. it's the same socket, no reason it wouldn't fit.
April 22, 2012 6:21:04 PM

I was looking at the ZALMAN one to looks lighter. Meh it looks like it will snap off my board. It did get amazing reviews thou.
Related resources
April 25, 2012 9:42:21 PM

how is the Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Liquid Cooler to one's I mentioned in the topic?
April 27, 2012 8:32:21 PM

Noctua comepair with the D14 or silver arrow. Really don't want to go water cooling if I need to refill something. Is it overall better?
May 6, 2012 9:50:56 AM

well air cooling saves you from all the hassles that liquid cooling "might" bring, but it's all good but I do prefer air
May 6, 2012 6:33:22 PM

you don't have to refill the corsair series, it's closed systems, no maintance needed.

If you have the money I'd buy a h100 and get 4 aftermarket fans for push/pull config. But n14 is really good too and alot cheaper.
May 6, 2012 9:45:40 PM

gotta watch the crosshair one's. I had the 80 series and it didn't fit. HDD was in the way.
May 8, 2012 12:43:37 AM

no not really but I had bad experience with the h100 and h80 even thought it
's supposed to be closed looped ^_^ but well I still have them on other system just got a bad stock.

I still say silverarrow or noctua nh-d14 for beastly air and cm hyper 212 plus or evo for cheap but good air
May 9, 2012 6:21:10 PM

D14 will fit into any socket we have on the market right now.

dyno_05 said:
Noctua comepair with the D14 or silver arrow. Really don't want to go water cooling if I need to refill something. Is it overall better?

Water cooling is only sexy when you do it to the whole PC imo.

There's a deep review that I witnessed, a fight between Noctua & Silver Arrow without sponsor or stuffs like that. And here are some pros & cons that normal review often missed.

NH-D14:
-not as loud as Silver Arrow, pretty low & acceptable dB.
-the nikel coating is PERFECT - I would say the BEST coating compared to any other HSF on the market.
-supremely good customer service - 6 years warranty & they give you FREE mounting kit when the new sockets release. I was given a free LGA2011 kit tho I don't use that socket.
-performance is not that really good tho, they even lose to Archon with dual TY-140 fan in tropical temperature room (>30*C)...But still they're the top quality HSF.

Silver Arrow:
-cooler than Noctua - about 3*C or so.
-fan works like The Hulk, louder too - so the more you OC the cooler Silver Arrow is, compared to NH-D14, this is pretty important imo.
-bad customer service - 1 year warranty, nothing else.
-very bad nikel coating which is what I hate most - the HSF just LOVE to get ur finger print on it so it kinda much hard to clean the fingerprint out, and the niken coat get old much faster than NH-D14 but Thermalright just understand your thoughs: they sell metal polishing liquid too, such greatttttttt service :pt1cable:  .

If you value performance above all else then Silver Arrow hands down. If not, go for NH-D14 man.
I personally pick NH-D14 since I don't plan to go for something like 5GHz i7 3770k or 2700k.

Or maybe Archon with dual TY-140 fans can satisfies you. If you're looking for a budget but still very good HSF go for Thermalright True Spirit 140: ugly as hell & very easy to get rusted but they perform like Archons without niken coating lol :lol: . If budget means everything then CM 212+ :D , evo vers sux imo (lose the crown of cheapest performance per $ HSF) don't even bother lol.
May 9, 2012 8:39:58 PM

pretty cool. runs about 27C, was running at 37C with the stock cooler. Well I put the thermal past that came with the Noctua. It looks exactly like Arctic silver 5, wonder if I replace it with Arctic silver 5 if it would make a difference.
May 14, 2012 11:00:45 PM

Kinda bothers me that there not even temps for the cores? Does this look right to you guys. I had stock cooler on before and was getting 35c to 38c before.
May 20, 2012 7:31:00 PM

I got the horizontal one and liking it so fair. It's a lot quieter then the stock cooler.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2012 8:37:32 PM

nazgron said:
D14 will fit into any socket we have on the market right now.

Water cooling is only sexy when you do it to the whole PC imo.

There's a deep review that I witnessed, a fight between Noctua & Silver Arrow without sponsor or stuffs like that. And here are some pros & cons that normal review often missed.

NH-D14:
-not as loud as Silver Arrow, pretty low & acceptable dB.
-the nikel coating is PERFECT - I would say the BEST coating compared to any other HSF on the market.
-supremely good customer service - 6 years warranty & they give you FREE mounting kit when the new sockets release. I was given a free LGA2011 kit tho I don't use that socket.
-performance is not that really good tho, they even lose to Archon with dual TY-140 fan in tropical temperature room (>30*C)...But still they're the top quality HSF.

Silver Arrow:
-cooler than Noctua - about 3*C or so.
-fan works like The Hulk, louder too - so the more you OC the cooler Silver Arrow is, compared to NH-D14, this is pretty important imo.
-bad customer service - 1 year warranty, nothing else.
-very bad nikel coating which is what I hate most - the HSF just LOVE to get ur finger print on it so it kinda much hard to clean the fingerprint out, and the niken coat get old much faster than NH-D14 but Thermalright just understand your thoughs: they sell metal polishing liquid too, such greatttttttt service :pt1cable:  .

If you value performance above all else then Silver Arrow hands down. If not, go for NH-D14 man.
I personally pick NH-D14 since I don't plan to go for something like 5GHz i7 3770k or 2700k.

Or maybe Archon with dual TY-140 fans can satisfies you. If you're looking for a budget but still very good HSF go for Thermalright True Spirit 140: ugly as hell & very easy to get rusted but they perform like Archons without niken coating lol :lol: . If budget means everything then CM 212+ :D , evo vers sux imo (lose the crown of cheapest performance per $ HSF) don't even bother lol.

3 degrees dif is a stretch. thats best case scenario. they are normally withing a degree of each other.

you also forgot the silver arrows are much harder to get youre hands on.
May 25, 2012 11:39:01 PM

Well I used the thermal paste that came with it. Looks similar to arctic silver. It's the Noctua brand. Wonder if I would get better results with arctic silver.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 26, 2012 1:08:21 AM

dyno_05 said:
Well I used the thermal paste that came with it. Looks similar to arctic silver. It's the Noctua brand. Wonder if I would get better results with arctic silver.

nope nt-d1 is just as good if not better

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274824-29-thermal-com...
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 30, 2012 1:47:40 AM

Xlerator said:
NH-D14 is better than the SilverArrow and quieter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5lAbnPml4o

its a toss up. one review doesnt make it the best and i have seen reviews pitting all three together with each coming out on top.
!