E6700 vs e7200 on th via p890 chipset?

ok ibought via p890 chipset mobo about 2 years ago, and i had e2200 on it and word fine, but last year i upgarsded cpu to e7200 without knowing the mobo not supporting such cpu, forunately the computer works fine with e7200 with decreased its fumction. should i sell E7200 and get e6700 for mobo's potential(it is the best cpu the mobo can support correctly), or i keep the cpu and upgade the motherboard(i hate to do it I have tons of program/apps to reinstall).. answers are very appriciated..!!!???
4 answers Last reply
More about e6700 e7200 p890 chipset
  1. sorry it sounds rude when i posted on this, and a lot of typos..what should i actually do now? please
  2. What do you mean decreased its function? What mobo do you have and how do you know it is/isn't compatible?

If the CPU works fine with the E7200, then it should be a compatible mobo.

You need to give us more info.
  3. the mobo is ecs via p890t chipset only supports upto e6700, when i install e7200 boot says the board does not support 266mhz multiplier cpu and it is going to decrease clock speed and performance...so i am in the middle of deciding either i get e6700 or e7200 but i have 40 of programs install in the hard drive and probably i need to reinstall everything
  4. Hmmm = have you checked (googled) to see if there are any BIOS updates for your mobo? If the socket type is the same then it should work fine with the processor......
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Chipsets