Just built PC. No post. =(

mrboston

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Just built a new PC. I have everything put together correctly, I think.

I have the build outside of the case on top of my motherboard case. I flipped the switch on the power supply and the motherboard lights turned on. Hit the on board power button, I hear a click, the HSF doesn't move but the video card is blowing. I have the HSF fan cable connected correctly. The video card keeps blowing the entire time. I tried hitting the on board power a few times, holding it down even. There was no post on my monitor and it went to power saving mode. I had to throw the switch on the power supply to turn the pc off. :(

Any suggestions?

mrboston

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
whoops! lol can you tell its my first time? Thank you aford!

Would that have damaged anything?

I'll reply with an update once I have applied new thermal paste and my aftermarket cooler.

vols

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I'm having a similar problem only both my cpu and gpu fans are working fine. When I power it on the monitor seems to be getting no signal and goes to sleep, also the keyboard and mouse get light up. Pretty clueless as to what is going wrong.

Sounds like you also may have missed the 4/8 pin CPU power. It's #2 on the checklist. Check the CPU power, if that doesn't work, go through the other steps.