Using Trixx/Afterburner/Overdrive

Hi all,

I've been overclocking my Sapphire 6870 with AMD Overdrive (Catalyst 12.3) from 900 to 965, but was interested in going a little bit higher. Therefore, I'll need to switch to something that lets me alter the voltage.

I tried MSI afterburner, but it didn't let me control the voltage. I then tried Sapphire Trixx, and while it let me control the voltage, it forced the card to stay at high clocks/high voltage even when it wasn't under load. With AMD Overdrive my card will cycle down to 2d clock rates (300mhz@.95v) when its not under load. For some reason with Trixx it stayed at the 3d clock rates until I restarted my computer.

Is there someway I can increase the voltage without having the GPU remain at the higher clock speed even when not under load?
4 answers Last reply
More about using trixx afterburner overdrive
  1. You can modify the voltage in Afterburner, you just need to enable "unofficial overclocking" to do it.

Afterburner turned into my one-stop-shop for overclocking once I found that. Lets you tweak voltage, clocks and set custom fan profiles. What more could you want?
  2. willard said:
    You can modify the voltage in Afterburner, you just need to enable "unofficial overclocking" to do it.

Afterburner turned into my one-stop-shop for overclocking once I found that. Lets you tweak voltage, clocks and set custom fan profiles. What more could you want?

I tried making the selection in Afterburner to allow increased voltage, but it didn't enable the voltage slider. I found a few posting online about how Catalyst 12.3 doesn't play well with Afterburner, but none of the posted solutions worked.
  3. Did you actually check that link? Because there's more to it than just checking a box in the config. You have to go edit the config file by hand to make that check box do anything at all.
  4. willard said:
    Did you actually check that link? Because there's more to it than just checking a box in the config. You have to go edit the config file by hand to make that check box do anything at all.

Yeah I actually followed similar instructions before and it didn't work. I even tried changing the ULPS (or some variation of those letters) in the registry as recommended somewhere else and that didn't work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overdrive Sapphire Overclocking