SM Bus Controller windows XP

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Controller
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 24, 2012 10:04:11 PM

Hello,

i've used the search function a fair amount but couldnt solve my issue. that blasted yellow question mark has been bothering me for a couple weeks now. i'm running an HP-Pavillion pc with Windows XP home as my OS.

my current chip type is a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 by NVIDIA. i've tried searching google and tried the NVIDIA site itself but whenever i think i have a link to a driver exe it just redirects me back to the home page. any assistance would be welcome, thank you.

More about : bus controller windows

a b \ Driver
May 25, 2012 9:52:40 AM

ZeroShinzaki said:
Hello,

i've used the search function a fair amount but couldnt solve my issue. that blasted yellow question mark has been bothering me for a couple weeks now. i'm running an HP-Pavillion pc with Windows XP home as my OS.

my current chip type is a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 by NVIDIA. i've tried searching google and tried the NVIDIA site itself but whenever i think i have a link to a driver exe it just redirects me back to the home page. any assistance would be welcome, thank you.

You need the Intel Chipset.
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm

Delete the "other device" before reboot, so it is not left over from previous unsuccess !
m
l
May 31, 2012 6:56:57 PM

Sorry for the late reply. i've downloaded the exe and ran it, but after going for a few seconds (it seemed to be extracting the required files) a window pops up stating that my computer doesnt meet the minimum requirements for installing this software.

I cant say i know what it's talking about, unless perhaps i've grabbed the wrong file. but i think i recall trying this before and it not working. i dont know the corrolation between Intel and NVIDIA if there is any, so perhaps the fact that i'm not using an Intel device at all could be the issue.

if you or anyone else has any idea, more help is welcome and apreciated. thank you.
m
l
!